PDA

View Full Version : Orange LC pad

baseballlover1
01-03-2008, 07:51 AM
I have the Orange LC "mushroom" pad and i think that mine might be a defected one. It is harder then.... well its really hard. Like im thinking harder then usual. Im thinking about replacing it with the purple foamed wool pad. Good choice?

a.k.a. Patrick
01-03-2008, 08:25 AM
The Orange is a hard foam anyway, but it does soften up significantly after it gets impregnated with liquid polishes.......Have no fear.

Even grasping/massaging the edges with your fingers will soften it up. Great compound!

Im a little unsure of the "mushroom" you speak of but the Orange LC compound is very effective as well.....

Wren
01-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Same thing just happened to me, must be a new batch. I know what you`re saying, it feels stiffer then normal. I still used it with the same results but its still "stiff" even after chemicals and DP Rejuv bath.

imported_DetailDan
01-03-2008, 01:43 PM
The LC foamed wool is a good bit more aggressive then the orange pad.

wannafbody
01-03-2008, 07:33 PM
The latest LC orange pads felt pretty stiff to me as well. I`m sure they will soften up some after use.

imported_weekendwarrior
01-03-2008, 08:05 PM
I tried one of these on my Makita rotary Saturday, and it was hopping all over the place. I just took it off, and pulled out a Meguiar`s burgundy pad instead.

Old Pirate
01-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Mine also are pretty stiff too. Don`t know why their are like that (old ones wasn`t at all like that) and have use them on 2 detail`s. After using them on a few panels the center looks like what Daniel is saying (mushroom in the area where the pad makes contact). I clean them very well and all i can think is maybe it`s a new batch or :nixweiss or i don`t know. My older white and orange ones are starting to wear down after 9 details and also using them on my own cars. Anybody else?

imported_weekendwarrior
01-03-2008, 08:10 PM
I have a couple more on the way from AutoGeek (should deliver tomorrow). I may try one of the new ones this weekend, and call AG to see if they are aware of any issues if these perform the same way.

baseballlover1
01-03-2008, 08:11 PM
I mean... to be quite honest, im not going to use mine anymore if it is still so stiff because i cant get enouph "traction" on the paint with it. Thats why i want to switch to the Purple Foamed wool.

imported_weekendwarrior
01-03-2008, 08:13 PM
Are you guys having issues with it skipping on a PC too? I have only tried the orange with my rotary so far.

Old Pirate
01-03-2008, 08:16 PM
I only have the UDM. It skip twice on me too, i just use more pressure and make sure i put the right amount of polish on it.

wannafbody
01-03-2008, 08:39 PM
I don`t like orange pads with a rotary. They skip too much for me. I prefer softer pads or wool.

baseballlover1
01-03-2008, 08:40 PM
No... its not skipping (i am not COMPLETELY sure that i understand what skipping is however).

... My pads are similar to the top of a mushroom (there curved). And due to the curvature of the pad and the hardness, the pad cant get a lot of actual pad onto the paint.

dcampen
01-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Any updates on this? How about the Yellow pads have they changed too?

imported_weekendwarrior
01-31-2008, 07:19 PM
Any updates on this? How about the Yellow pads have they changed too?

Regarding the orange pads, they all seem to be pretty hard. However, I bought one of these puppies....

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/W66_BackingPlate.jpg

and it helps a lot with the orange pad. This is a backing plate that has a layer of foam beneath the velcro. Orange LC pad does well with this plate. I think the foam on the plate must work as a shock absorber, and keeps the pad from skipping? Just a theory.