PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation in St Petersburg, FL

Braingears
01-02-2008, 12:11 AM
I have a Mercedes G320 (the boxy looking Military style truck). Ever since purchasing the truck, I`ve taken it off-roading a lot. After all, that is what it was made for... Over the years I`ve accumulated a lot of pin-stripes from driving through the woods and brush.

My truck has a very strong paint and clear coat. I have washed and waxed the truck. After a good wax, it fills things in, but after a few weeks or another good wash, I can see all of the scratches and marks again.

I have not yet used anything abrasive including any rubbing compounds or light sandings, although I have been told that it would make a world of difference.

I don`t want to do a half-assed job, and would prefer a professional to do it this time. Does anyone have any `real` recomendations in the St Petersburg / Tampa area?

baseballlover1
01-02-2008, 12:18 AM
I think Todd (TH001) and Brian (VAsupershine) go near there on trips sometimes. they are the best guys i know of to detail your car. Ide say PM them to see if they are coming near you soon.

Todd@RUPES
01-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Here is a picture of an AMG version I did. Is this the same truck?

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m194/tropicaldetail/014MB01.jpg

I have clients in that area, if you are interested.

Braingears
01-02-2008, 12:31 AM
`I would be SO HAPPY to see results and a reflection like that. Mine is a Black Opal (a dark blue metalic color).\r\nMine is a \"Grey Market\" and was imported 5-6 years before the local dealerships even knew they existed.\r\n \r\n
Here is a picture of an AMG version I did. Is this the same truck?\r\n \r\nhttp://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m194/tropicaldetail/014MB01.jpg\r\n \r\nI have clients in that area, if you are interested.`

Todd@RUPES
01-02-2008, 12:38 AM
I have a Mercedes G320 (the boxy looking Military style truck). Ever since purchasing the truck, I`ve taken it off-roading a lot. After all, that is what it was made for... Over the years I`ve accumulated a lot of pin-stripes from driving through the woods and brush.

My truck has a very strong paint and clear coat. I have washed and waxed the truck. After a good wax, it fills things in, but after a few weeks or another good wash, I can see all of the scratches and marks again.

I have not yet used anything abrasive including any rubbing compounds or light sandings, although I have been told that it would make a world of difference.

I don`t want to do a half-assed job, and would prefer a professional to do it this time. Does anyone have any `real` recomendations in the St Petersburg / Tampa area?

It sounds like you are looking for the best. My company Bella Macchina Concours is considered to be just that. We have clients in 3 countries, and have preppared vehicles ranging from an 17.8 million dollar Ferrari 250GTO on down.

If you truly demand nothing but the best, then I can assure you that you will find no better in the country. Here are some links to the work we have done. Thanks!

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/100749-tale-7-ferraris-139-pics.html

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/97973-road-cavallino-updated-10-21-127-pics.html

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/98424-tropically-detailing-long-weekend-lambo-ferraris-bentelys.html

imported_arenner80
01-02-2008, 01:01 AM
+1 on Vasupershine (Brian). He gave me a hand on my truck and did a top notch job with the rotary.

Braingears
01-02-2008, 01:19 AM
Here are some pictures.

baseballlover1
01-02-2008, 01:24 AM
WOW! Uhhh... all i can say is, todd is the best and if he cant take those water stains (from dunking your G wagon in water) then no one can. And i quite agree with him, (as you mayy have been able to tell on a few other of my statements) that i think he is the best in the country (and probably the world).

Hey Todd, i know 2 of the countries are US and Canada, is the 3rd South Africa (i think i remember you saying something about that). Did you post up pics of your 3rd country details?

Braingears
01-02-2008, 01:31 AM
That looks beautiful, but I don`t want to break the bank either. I figure that I should be able to achieve the results that I am looking for $250 or less (at least that it what I`m willing to pay for now).

Some of my off-road adventures have caused door dings (that I am not expecting to be fixed anytime soon). I would probably get some body/paint work dine before spending too much more money.

baseballlover1
01-02-2008, 01:51 AM
ide PM todd about pricing cus none of us reaaly like to talk about pricing... but that is (im guessing) a little light 4 his caliper work. Im going to be in stuart FL during spring break, ide be happy to do it for you and i think ude be happy with my work but todds work is on a whole nother level then mine... hes THAT good. ide normally charge a little more then 250 4 that but if you are willing to commute to stuart (an island off of palm beach) ile dot it 4 250.

MSIGuy
01-02-2008, 03:52 AM
It sounds like you are looking for the best. My company is considered to be just that. We have clients in 3 countries, and have preppared vehicles ranging from an 17.8 million dollar Ferrari 250GTO on down.

If you truly demand nothing but the best, then I can assure you that you will find no better in the country. Here are some links to the work we have done. Thanks!

And humble to boot!

Todd@RUPES
01-02-2008, 02:58 PM
And humble to boot!

LOL, please don`t misinterpet me as cocky. I am very confident in what I do (as I have to be) otherwise I would have no business working for the clients I do and on the cars I do.

baseballlover1
01-02-2008, 03:06 PM
LOL, i have never met todd in person (hopefully i will soon tho) but from what i have gathered he is a GREAT guy. And he is completely right, any salesmen has to be confident in his products.

Braingears
01-02-2008, 10:56 PM
I am not looking for this to be mirror perfect, I just want to get some of these pin-stripes out.

I personally believe that the truck looks best with a fresh coat of mud, but most of the women would disagree (especially if the mud winds up on a nice dress or something)...

Brian_Brice
01-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Just expect to get what you pay for, a $250.00 job would look great on your truck, it`s just not going to be what it could be. You should be looking at a wash clay one step machine polish, (for your paint I would recommend a rotary, a little more correction capability for the buck) and seal. Not a bad job, or a job we would overlook, if you`re planning on mudding it up again maybe that is the best idea for you.