PDA

View Full Version : Tire shine and temperature question

David703
01-01-2008, 10:07 PM
I`ve been using poorboys bold n bright for about 6 months. Always high gloss... but lately I`ve been using it and the high gloss goes away when the product dries. I`ve applied it the same way for 6 months.. Being that it is cold out, would that affect the way the product shines?? Anyone with a similar experience? I didnt let the product freeze either.

s.o.m.SS
01-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Never used that product but after layer upon layer of tire shine I would wash my tires with Wesleys Bleach White and a brush. Let dry and apply a new coat of tire shine and it looks 10x better. Just my experience. Good luck.

-Tommy

David703
01-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Never used that product but after layer upon layer of tire shine I would wash my tires with Wesleys Bleach White and a brush. Let dry and apply a new coat of tire shine and it looks 10x better. Just my experience. Good luck.

-Tommy

thanks Tommy, I use bleach white also.. they were spotless before I sprayed with Bold n bright.......

s.o.m.SS
01-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Well then you got me there. I have never had any problem with weather but that is here in South Texas. good luck.

imported_mburnickas
01-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I use Optimum Tire Shine and holds up for about 2+ weeks in also Texass.

imported_Blake
01-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Don`t forget Bold & Brite is water based and possibly the cold is affecting it.

Suggest you PM Steve at Poorboys and he may have your answer

charger17
01-03-2008, 05:09 AM
I`ve never used that product but my guess is that the colder temperature is allowing it to soak into the tire a little more before it dries, leaving it with less of a shine. You could test this by using a hot air gun/hair drier to speed up the drying process next time you apply it.