PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Hot Rim?

Pages : [1] 2

maxi
12-31-2007, 11:00 AM
HALLO all members

i bought meguiars all wheel cleaner , the sprayer gun its very bad .

i would ask if can add water with wheel cleaner 50/50 to make low conctrate ? for more safe in surface.

itried in almunuim isaw good result but ihated the smell its like autoglym wheel cleaner

guys isearch for wheel cleaner have good smell ?

isaw armor all wheel cleaner with good price but when iread the steps in DIC you should wearing gloves ,glass,etc :scared:

haha.

Frito Bandito
12-31-2007, 02:50 PM
I recently tried their Hot Rims wheel cleaner as well, I got it in the 7-piece kit from Wal Mart. You`re right, the sprayer is pretty bad. I`m thinking of pouring mine in a cheap spray bottle with a better sprayer.

As far as diluting it with water you should be fine. Sorry, never found a wheel cleaner that doesn`t smell terrible.

maxi
01-01-2008, 01:24 AM
I recently tried their Hot Rims wheel cleaner as well, I got it in the 7-piece kit from Wal Mart. You`re right, the sprayer is pretty bad. I`m thinking of pouring mine in a cheap spray bottle with a better sprayer.

As far as diluting it with water you should be fine. Sorry, never found a wheel cleaner that doesn`t smell terrible.

did you try p21s wheel cleaner ,some said p21s have good smell.

i replaced autoglym sprayer to hot rim bottle its better.

BigAl3
01-01-2008, 01:58 AM
i bought meguiars all wheel cleaner , the sprayer gun its very bad .

i would ask if can add water with wheel cleaner 50/50 to make low conctrate ? for more safe in surface.

i would just transfer it to another bottle. i wouldn`t dilute it, you may take away some of the effectiveness. i suppose you can always take a small amount and see what happens...

steelwind101
01-01-2008, 07:33 AM
Hello

As far as i know its acid free. Its pretty safe, i think its mainly a bunch of intense cleaners in an alkali mix.

Junebug
01-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Maybe I got lucky, cause my sprayer worked fine and I was decently impressed with the product.

smokin180
01-01-2008, 08:17 PM
worked great .

Richardhaunter
01-05-2008, 12:41 PM
What other wheel cleaner would be recommended?

mblgjr
01-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Simple Green works unbelieveably well and is also ok on raw aluminum (as recommended by Fikse) when diluted.

Meg`s All Wheel (pink bottle) works really well for me on heavy brake dust, but thats about the only time I`ll use it. Its pretty strong and I`ve had two bottles that the sprayers were great...I`m actually still using them with diluted Simple Green.

BigAl3
01-05-2008, 01:54 PM
What other wheel cleaner would be recommended?

this is the best OTC tire & wheel cleaner i`ve used IME. good stuff! :up

http://eagleone.com/images/products/AWTC.jpg

p.s. they also make a few other different wheel cleaners as well...

http://eagleone.com/images/category/cat_group5006.jpg

ChicagoRob
01-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Simple Green works unbelieveably well and is also ok on raw aluminum (as recommended by Fikse) when diluted.

Have to agree. I`ve also discovered that it works really well in rather high

dilutions. I`ve been using a 1:6 mix and it does a great job in dissolving

dirt, etc., without any harmful effects, whatsoever.

Originally, when I first started using SG, I was told to use strong concentrations.

But, I have found that it actually works better when cut with plenty of water. Just

my opinion.

Rob

imported_hockeyplaya13
01-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Is Hot Rims safe on ALL wheels?

mblgjr
01-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Chicago: You`re right; I use 4:1 and 6:1 just about everywhere and it works great.

Hockey: I`ve used it on GM factory painted/silver wheels and Ford Chrome wheels with no issues...just don`t let it sit on there too long. Follow the instructions and wash/rinse one wheel at a time.

Joseph K
01-05-2008, 09:23 PM
I use diluted Simple green or else Eagle One Aluminum Wash & Cleaner on my stock aluminum wheels and they both work equally as well IMO.

P1et
01-05-2008, 09:44 PM

Meg`s All Wheel (pink bottle) works really well for me on heavy brake dust, but thats about the only time I`ll use it. Its pretty strong and I`ve had two bottles that the sprayers were great...I`m actually still using them with diluted Simple Green.

That`s what I use on my personal vehicles, absolutely no problems yet!!!