PDA

View Full Version : Quick Klasse AIO question...

Civicman86
12-30-2007, 11:39 PM
So I`m thinking of getting some of the Klasse AIO, just because I hear so many great things about it. But I`m not exactly sure what it does or the best way to apply.

For instance on my civic I planned on polishing with menz then use OS and s100. Does the OS do the same thing that Klasse AIO would do? Or could I do AIO, OS, then s100??

On my accord which is really bad paint, I planned on just putting on collinite, maybe I should use Klasse AIO then apply the collinite??

So let me know what you do and if I might just be going overkill with that many products...

Thanks!!!

SilverSeven
12-31-2007, 07:46 AM
Well AIO is a great product. It has chemical cleaners in it.

U can either Menz, AIO, OS, S100 or:

Menz, AIO

Menz, AIO, OS

Menz, AIO, Collinite

OS is a sealant. So it`s not like AIO. If u don`t want to overkill then u might just wanna Menz, AIO, Collinite. :)

brwill2005
12-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Given your process already, sounds like AIO would be an additional unnecessary step.

imported_mobenzowner
12-31-2007, 11:29 AM
IMO AIO would be a nice step to remove what if any polish residue is left after the Menzerna.

Civicman86
12-31-2007, 01:13 PM
AIO has sealant properties correct? I keep reading how it hardens much like a sealant. If that is the case i think I might get some to use on my accord. I don`t really want to use my OS on the accord. So Im thinking Menz, AIO, then collinite on the accord.

And for the civic just staying with menz, alchol rub down (maybe AIO if im feeling good), then OS, s100

Accumulator
12-31-2007, 01:57 PM
AIO has sealant properties correct? I keep reading how it hardens much like a sealant. If that is the case i think I might get some to use on my accord. I don`t really want to use my OS on the accord. So Im thinking Menz, AIO, then collinite on the accord...

The stuff that KAIO leaves behind is minimal. Think of it as a paint cleaner that leaves a tiny little bit of synthetic protection behind.

Yeah, KAIO is a great product with a lot of applications, but I don`t really use it very much except as a base/prenultimate product preceding KSG.

If you want to use aproduct like KAIO with some other LSP (especialy IMO some wax), I`d go with a different but similar product that leaves more stuff behind. AutoGlym SRP gets my vote- it leaves a *lot* more protection behind and does a lot more concealing too...just doesn`t clean as well as KAIO (not, IMO, an issue if you`re polishing first).

Abrasive polish, AutoGlym SRP, Collinite was my go-to combo back when I did quickie details for friends/family. If you have the time, do two applications of the SRP 24 hours apart, applying the second one *very* gently. This was a *very* durable combo and it looked very nice on imperfectly prepped paint. Very user-friendly (at least IMO) too.