PDA

View Full Version : Zaino vs. Klasse durability test

Pages : [1] 2

wfedwar
12-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Just wanted to post my results of my own Zaino vs. Klasse face-off. I decided to test these two to determine the most durable sealant (these are the two I see mentioned most for durable sealants). This was done on my red 99 F150. I first polished the whole truck using Klasse AIO (Zaino purists, please don`t get wound up yet). I did the test on the top of the cab. On one half, I put down one layer of Z2 and the other half got one layer of Klasse HGSG. The definite winner in looks was Z2, which looked dark and wet, and seemed to fill in very minor swirl marks better than the HGSG. I then put a second layer of both Z2 and HGSG on thier respective sides. The Z2 side looked no different, while the HGSG side looked a good bit better, matching the Z2 side. The Z2 side seemed somewhat slicker. I did not wait more than 1 hour between layers. This may not be per instructions, but it realistic for me. At first, the Zaino seemed to bead a little tighter than the Klasse. Zaino beads almost like fresh wax. Klasse beads water too, but not the same tight little beads that Zaino gives. This may or may not be meaningful to some people, but I use beading as a gauge of the deterioration of the wax/sealant coating.

This first application was in July and it was not touched since, except for probably 5 or 6 hand washes. Since that time, I checked on the beading when I washed the truck and when it rained. The Klasse beading slowly faded away, until at this point you might think there was no sealant on that side at all. The Zaino side also beads less than it did at first, but even today has about the same level of beading as the Klasse side started with. Niether side looks great anymore, but the win goes to Zaino here as well.

I have a few conclusions from this:

1) Zaino did a good job of bonding to the Klasse AIO. I did not use the ZFX.

2) 6+ months from a couple of coats of Z2 alone is possible on a vehicle that is never garaged.

3) Zaino Z2 did not benefit from layering, at least in the way I did it and in terms of initial look and feel.

4) Klasse HGSG did.

5) From my point of view, Z2 seems like the obvious winner in this test. It looked better (at least with a single coat), lasted longer, and is easier to use. It costs more, but niether is going to break the bank. If you consider Z2 costs $15, can easily do 15 cars and last several months, towels and car wash probably cost more.

I actually wanted the HGSG to win. I just purchased the Klasse twins and intended to use them on all my cars, but this test has convinced me to switch to Zaino. I`ll still use Klasse AIO until it is gone, because it obviously makes a fine base for Z2. I`ll probably switch to ZAIO after that is gone. I hope this is useful to those of you looking for the ultimate in durability, as I was.

Brian_Brice
12-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Thanks for posting your findings, I always wondered how the two compared as far as longevity is concerned, now (at least in your situational findings) we all have a pretty good clue.

wannafbody
12-30-2007, 11:20 PM
That pretty impressive considering that you didn`t use ZFX. The first time I tried Z2P with out ZFX I got 4 months out of it. With ZFX I get around 6 months.

ron231
12-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Try zaino vs duragloss, you will be surprised.

Scottwax
12-30-2007, 11:34 PM

Or Zaino vs Werkstatt. ;)

Klasse is pretty old school chemistry now. Werkstatt is basically an updated version of Klasse. I find that Werkstatt runs neck and neck with Zaino in durability.

Regardless, Klasse, Zaino and Werkstatt all have more durability than most Autopians will ever need. :)

Brian_Brice
12-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Or Zaino vs Werkstatt. ;)

Klasse is pretty old school chemistry now. Werkstatt is basically an updated version of Klasse. I find that Werkstatt runs neck and neck with Zaino in durability.

Regardless, Klasse, Zaino and Werkstatt all have more durability than most Autopians will ever need. :)

Amen to that, who wants to wait a year before waxing their car again.:tumblewee

baseballlover1
12-30-2007, 11:45 PM
haha brian: +++++1

Scottwax
12-30-2007, 11:48 PM

I`ve had my Maxima 7 weeks now and it got 2 coats of Opti-Seal and 1 of the new version of Optimum Car Wax, next two washes, it got another application of OCW, then Carnauba Moose after the 3rd wash. This past wash was the first one I haven`t applied another coat of anything.

99MustangGTVert
12-31-2007, 12:17 AM

Will Duragloss outlast it?

detaildoc
12-31-2007, 12:32 AM
Just wanted to post my results of my own Zaino vs. Klasse face-off. I decided to test these two to determine the most durable sealant (these are the two I see mentioned most for durable sealants). This was done on my red 99 F150. I first polished the whole truck using Klasse AIO (Zaino purists, please don`t get wound up yet). I did the test on the top of the cab. On one half, I put down one layer of Z2 and the other half got one layer of Klasse HGSG. The definite winner in looks was Z2, which looked dark and wet, and seemed to fill in very minor swirl marks better than the HGSG. I then put a second layer of both Z2 and HGSG on thier respective sides. The Z2 side looked no different, while the HGSG side looked a good bit better, matching the Z2 side. The Z2 side seemed somewhat slicker. I did not wait more than 1 hour between layers. This may not be per instructions, but it realistic for me. At first, the Zaino seemed to bead a little tighter than the Klasse. Zaino beads almost like fresh wax. Klasse beads water too, but not the same tight little beads that Zaino gives. This may or may not be meaningful to some people, but I use beading as a gauge of the deterioration of the wax/sealant coating.

This first application was in July and it was not touched since, except for probably 5 or 6 hand washes. Since that time, I checked on the beading when I washed the truck and when it rained. The Klasse beading slowly faded away, until at this point you might think there was no sealant on that side at all. The Zaino side also beads less than it did at first, but even today has about the same level of beading as the Klasse side started with. Niether side looks great anymore, but the win goes to Zaino here as well.

I have a few conclusions from this:

1) Zaino did a good job of bonding to the Klasse AIO. I did not use the ZFX.

2) 6+ months from a couple of coats of Z2 alone is possible on a vehicle that is never garaged.

3) Zaino Z2 did not benefit from layering, at least in the way I did it and in terms of initial look and feel.

4) Klasse HGSG did.

5) From my point of view, Z2 seems like the obvious winner in this test. It looked better (at least with a single coat), lasted longer, and is easier to use. It costs more, but niether is going to break the bank. If you consider Z2 costs $15, can easily do 15 cars and last several months, towels and car wash probably cost more.

I actually wanted the HGSG to win. I just purchased the Klasse twins and intended to use them on all my cars, but this test has convinced me to switch to Zaino. I`ll still use Klasse AIO until it is gone, because it obviously makes a fine base for Z2. I`ll probably switch to ZAIO after that is gone. I hope this is useful to those of you looking for the ultimate in durability, as I was.

Against Klasse, Zaino is the clear winner.

derekbmw
12-31-2007, 12:53 AM
Will Duragloss outlast it?

in my experience, no.

gmblack3
12-31-2007, 06:18 AM
Thanks for your review.

Depends on how busy you are any how many cars you own. :2thumbs:

In my testing I had about 4 months out of 1x of AJ over prime. I get about 6-8 months out of 3x of ZFX`d zaino. So maybe the layering and using ZFX does help?

dogma
12-31-2007, 07:47 AM
In my testing here in Conn. I have found nothing as durable as Zaino. A lot of products look great but the best of both worlds is Zaino. My ranking.

Zaino

Collinite ( no wax comes close )

Duragloss

JW

OS

Jet seal

WMF

RCBuddha
12-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Are we talking Z2PRO vs. SG (new, or old formula?) or are we talking about the older Z2 vs. SG? :showpics

dogma
12-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Are we talking Z2PRO vs. SG (new, or old formula?) or are we talking about the older Z2 vs. SG? :showpics

Doesn`t matter old/ new for me Zaino is tops. I also don`t have the time to take pictures of my vehilcles at the various stages of their durability, I wish I did. I also think if someone is not very well versed in picture taking that its almost not worth doing at all.

There are some expert picture takers who can make any car look awesome through bleaching and what have you.