PDA

View Full Version : Question on polishing product (Merzerna)

dztyle
12-30-2007, 09:15 PM
Hello all. I am new to the polishing aspect but I just received a UDM as a Christmas present. Now I`m looking into polishes, mainly Menzerna. I just wanted to understand the differences between super intensive polish and the intensive polish and between nano, micro, final polish. I`m reading polish such as the super intensive is for scratch resistant ceramic clearcoats but I`m seeing it being used on the forum by other people for a wide variety of cars no matter if the car has the scratch resistant clearcoat. Is there any harm in doing this? What cars actually have the scratch resistant clearcoat besides Mercedes. Secondly I plan on touching up a few spots on my car with paint. Will the (super) intensive polish be sufficient a polish to take car of the spots that is wet sanded. Any advice is appreciated.

jshillin
12-31-2007, 06:31 AM
The Menzerna polishes for the the ceramin CC are supposed to have finer, sharper abrasives. I had SIP. 106FF, PO85RD and IP. I can get SIP to finish down nicer on all finishes that IP. I wet sanded a bedside on my ranger with 2000 grit and polished it out with SIP. The general consensus here is to get SIP and 106FF.

I hope that helps.