PDA

View Full Version : Cyclo bogging down when starting

bdaly84
12-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Today I was at one of my regulars and using my cyclo with orange LC pads and OP. I noticed towards the end of using this combo, the machine was boggin down when I started it up....not even on a panel yet....and it was boggin. Like it was trying to get up to speed. After about 60 or so seconds it would power up to normal speed. Did not seem like the cord problem...more of an internal motor problem.

The machine has been flawless since new....4.5 years ago. I am wondering if the motor brushes could be going bad? Has anyone expericenced this with their Cyclo??? Any and all opinions please.:)

brwill2005
12-29-2007, 07:22 PM
May be the brushes, which are easy to change, but is more likely a cord issue. I replaced a cord on my nearly four year old machine and also on a machine that was a year old.

Accumulator
12-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Huh, never experienced that with either of mine (and the one is over 20 years old, some of that commercial use). I`d send it to CycloToolmakers and have them give it a once-over. They do *NOT* try to find excuses to spend your money, they only do what`s really required and they do it cheap IMO.

KnuckleBuckett
12-30-2007, 01:08 PM
FYI split loom over a cord really helps durabilty. Also makes it a bit nicer to handle.

Brush replacements are easy and cheap.