PDA

View Full Version : ziplock bags

Pages : [1] 2

blownvert
12-28-2007, 05:40 PM
I want to store my MF towels in this for organization. Where does everyone put dirty ones, just in a plastic bag at a supermarket? Also for the clean ones, what size does everyone get? I guess they are by gallons in the store. I know it depends on the size of the actual MF towel. I want to store alot in each bag i guess. I want exterior, interior, glass and so on all labeled.

Saintlysins
12-28-2007, 06:59 PM
I`ve found 4, 6 & 8 gallon ZipLoc Bags at Home Depot in the cleaner & broom isle. I think I`ve bought 10 gallon size there too. If you go on line, there`s a company that sells "zipper bags" up to 15 and 20 gallon size. The wife uses these for comforters and bedding.

Most of my products are stored in the plastic, stackable boxes with the interlocking-flip-open lids as you find in Bed-Bath&Beyond. They`re sturdy, they stack, and they`re semi-transparent so you can see what`s in them.

blownvert
12-28-2007, 07:03 PM
I`ve found 4, 6 & 8 gallon ZipLoc Bags at Home Depot in the cleaner & broom isle. I think I`ve bought 10 gallon size there too. If you go on line, there`s a company that sells "zipper bags" up to 15 and 20 gallon size. The wife uses these for comforters and bedding.

Most of my products are stored in the plastic, stackable boxes with the interlocking-flip-open lids as you find in Bed-Bath&Beyond. They`re sturdy, they stack, and they`re semi-transparent so you can see what`s in them.

how much are they at bed bath beyond? I think im going to check out HD. I think i want the one with stackable shelves seperated, not the one on wheels and its connected. I saw 15 quart ones. That should be big enough.

Saintlysins
12-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Not sure of pricing, but now that you have me thinking about it ... I should have said I bought them at Costco (them being the plastic box/crate stackables) found near the tool isles. I know they`re less than 10 bucks a piece.

Happy shopping!

Mobilejay
12-28-2007, 07:11 PM
I went to Wallmart and bought some clear bins in different sizes and prices were pretty cheap.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
12-28-2007, 07:13 PM
how much are they at bed bath beyond? I think im going to check out HD. I think i want the one with stackable shelves seperated, not the one on wheels and its connected. I saw 15 quart ones. That should be big enough.

They have what you are looking for at Big Lots

jesselyons2002
12-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Walmart ,Home depot and lowes all have stackable shelfs.

derekbmw
12-28-2007, 09:16 PM
- I use 1 gallon-size ziploc bag for 3 of 16x16 towels.

- For dirty towels, I just put them inside a laundry bag.

KnuckleBuckett
12-28-2007, 09:32 PM
I have a good many high quality laundry bags if anyone is interested.

Small - 1-2 loads of laundry

Medium - 3-4 loads

Large - 6 loads

They are preprinted with a now non-existant business (my old one). Turn them inside out if you don`t want to see it.

They are tough, have the little plastic slide locks for the draw strings, and are made of heavy light tan cotton.

I use them for all sorts of stuff. Sports, detail rags and MF towels, carrying my computer gear around, lawn work, and so on.

Contact me if you are interested via PM. We can work out a price per quantity and shipping.

jfelbab
12-28-2007, 10:04 PM
I have a lot of mf towels. I pack three or four to a 1 gallon zip-loc and evac the air to reduce the space they take up. They flatten out pretty well this way and allow for much easier storage. I toss the used mf`s in a canvas laundry bag until I have a load to wash.

blownvert
12-28-2007, 10:24 PM
where can i get a cheap laundry bag to throw dirty MF`s in it? I was thinking just a big plastic bag like this one i got from michaels. I just went to Home Depot and bought 3 pack of 15 quart and a 5 pack of 6 quart storage bins. They were $9.97 each. Seemed like a good deal. I bought a grout sponge also for $1.97. :) Since i got the containers, do i still need to get ziplock bags to put stuff in?

KnuckleBuckett
12-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Er.

See my post above!

I like that unlike plastic bags, they breathe and don`t get humid on my dirty rags and MF towels.

[EDIT]

I just measured brand new bags. One each of the small, medium, and large cotton canvas bags.

Measurements are as follows. They are made to rough dimensions so figure +/- an inch.

Large = 28" Wide x 36" Tall

Medium = 18" Wide x 31" Tall

Small = 18" Wide x 24" Tall

All are $5 plus shipping.

Should last you for years.

Photo is available on this thread just a few posts up.

Driven Auto Detail
12-29-2007, 12:20 AM
I have 3 laundry bags that I use. One bag is for paint towels, another is for interior & glass, and the last one is for MF`s that get used for dirty areas like door jambs, wheels, tires, etc. Then, they all get washed and dried separately and are finally stored in separate bins.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee25/DrivenAutoDetail/Truck%20and%20Trailer/IMG_2819.jpg

BigAl3
12-29-2007, 12:32 AM
you can find all sorts of sizes of plastic storage bins (like the one pictured above) and the gallon totes at big lots for pretty cheap...

blownvert
12-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Big lots is not near me, but I just picked up 3 pack of 15 quart and a 5 pack of 6 quart storage bins, they are just stackable. The 6 quart ones are small, I will have to see what I can put in there.