PDA

View Full Version : Measuring liquids

Pages : [1] 2

blownvert
12-28-2007, 05:29 PM
What does everyone use? To measure car wash fluid when it only need 1/4 to 1/2 ounce. What other products would someone need to measure. Do you think a measuring cup is too big, since that can go up to 4 cups on some, depending on the size. I just want ounces, since that is mostly what people deal with in car products. I see you can get a medicine cup that is 1 ounce full. Where do you get those? You can buy 100 for $3.95 online. I just want one, lol.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
12-28-2007, 05:46 PM
I use a medicine cup from cough syrup.. It measures up to an ounce.

I will be getting several of these soon they look really good...

Dispensing Bottles (http://store.danase.com/32oudibo.html)

blownvert
12-28-2007, 05:59 PM
what do you do press the liquid into that side and then just pour it out?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
12-28-2007, 06:00 PM
what do you do press the liquid into that side and then just pour it out?

yup.......

nmxdaven
12-28-2007, 06:01 PM
I have a tablespoon measurer in my bucket (Stole it from my kitchen) One of those spoon type ones. One ounce is 2 tablespoons. Works for me. :xyxthumbs

Bert
12-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Just bought this from Bob at Danase.com:

Dispensing Bottles (http://www.danase.com/32oudibo.html)

You just sqeeze the bottle and the one ounce chamber start to fill up. Once it hits the 1/2 ounce or 1 ounce marking you want, you stop squeezing and pour the perfectly measured amount into whatever you need.

I have two of them, I use one to hold ONR and the other to hold MF detergent in them. I love them, will probably buy a few more for other liquids that need measuring.

*Sorry about that Motor City, didn`t see your post*

blownvert
12-28-2007, 06:21 PM
did you get 16oz or 32oz bottles?

imported_weekendwarrior
12-28-2007, 06:31 PM
I use a $2 turkey baster from the grocery store that has 1/4 ounce increment marks on it. It holds 2 ounces total. Perfect for sucking soap or ONR or QEW out of the gallon bottles.

BlackElantraGT
12-28-2007, 07:17 PM
I have quite a few measuring devices, and for small measurements (1/4, 1/2 fl oz), the best thing I have found so far are pre-measured shot glasses. I can easily rinse them out and measure something else. It should cost less than $4. Check the housewares section at your local stores. I could not find it at Walmart and ended up buying one at a local swap meet. I`m sure any bartender could point you where to get one.

For bigger measurements (like making a gallon of ONR QD), I have other measuring cups/spoons that I prefer. One is a large plastic cup that measures up to 16 fl oz and was designed for measuring fluids that you would use in a dark room. It has a pour spout also which makes pouring out of it a bit easier. My wife`s sister was a photographer and I happen to find them one day.

brwill2005
12-28-2007, 07:31 PM
OXO makes a very small measuring cup. I think I got mine at Crate and Barel. Goes from 1/4 oz up to 2oz, I think.

Saintlysins
12-28-2007, 07:45 PM
A quick trip to the Bed Bath & Beyond store will give you a lot of choices. I also have an arsenal of choices from multiple sized spoons on a key ring, to the turkey-baster, to a tricked out 4 cup measuring cup with angled sides for easy reading.

After seeing the link to the dispensing bottles ... that`s VERY sharp and I`ll be ordering that quite soon. Thanks for sharing that one!

jesselyons2002
12-28-2007, 09:11 PM
OXO makes a very small measuring cup. I think I got mine at Crate and Barel. Goes from 1/4 oz up to 2oz, I think.

What he said.^^^

derekbmw
12-28-2007, 09:13 PM
small measuring cups or syringes

blownvert
12-28-2007, 10:47 PM
I will look around at the grocery store and the places that you guys mentioned. I like the danase thing for $3.50, but then I found a 12oz dispensing bottle from meguires on Meguiars Auto Detailing Trigger Sprayers (http://autodetailingsolutions.com/Meguiar`s%20Detailer%20Sprayers.htm) but then you still need a measuring cup to spray into it.

KnuckleBuckett
12-28-2007, 10:51 PM
I use my old Stabil fuel stabilizer bottles. They are just like the dispensing bottles mentioned above. I of course wash them out well with Purple Power then Dawn.

Also a dish detergent bottle marked on the outside works ok. Problem is the markings wear off easily.