PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun Usage

Morris9982
12-28-2007, 12:31 PM
First I want to thank everyone for this forum. I have learned quite a bit already.

I have seen various posts regarding the use of foam guns, but I have never seen anyone say exactly how they are to be used. Is the intent to spray the foam on the vehicle and then rinse it off, thus doing a touch less wash? Or, is it to pretreat the vehicle to start loosening the dirt/bugs/whatever to make the subsequent hand wash more effective?

Or, can you do whatever you feel is best?

Macko
12-28-2007, 12:38 PM
I use mine to put a layer of shampoo on the car & let it dwell before washing. This helps the dirt on the car to get a good covering of lubricant before I start to wash it off with the schmitt.

BigAl3
12-28-2007, 12:45 PM
First I want to thank everyone for this forum. I have learned quite a bit already.

I have seen various posts regarding the use of foam guns, but I have never seen anyone say exactly how they are to be used. Is the intent to spray the foam on the vehicle and then rinse it off, thus doing a touch less wash? Or, is it to pretreat the vehicle to start loosening the dirt/bugs/whatever to make the subsequent hand wash more effective?

Or, can you do whatever you feel is best?

How to Detailing Video - Foam Gun (http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/foam.html)

Boozman
12-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the video

Accumulator
12-28-2007, 02:20 PM
I use the foamgun differently from many here. NO time to retype the whole thing at present, but you might look at my washing thread in the Hall of Fame forum. IIRC the foamgun-centric stuff is on the second page, can`t remember for sure :think:

The general idea is to spray the foam at the point where the wash media contact the paint, providing constant lubrication and flushing. "Dislodge and flush".

Morris9982
12-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the responses so far. I think I will add a foam gun to my wash routine (when the weather gets warm again) and see how things go.