PDA

View Full Version : dash detailing

Pages : [1] 2 3

IppoJ
12-28-2007, 11:56 AM
I have a `95 M3 that I`ve been bringing back to `like new` condition. Since it`s cold out now I`m focusing on the interior.

BMW`s vinyl has a very deep pattern that seems to grab onto dirt. I`ve cleaned the dash and console with 1Z Plastik Reiniger deep cleaner but they still looks `tired` almost like they are still dirty.

I`ve never used protectant on my dash boards, just kept them clean. Never had any issues. So, I`ve researched this extensively on here but all of the recommendations seem to be at least a year old.

So, to see if anything has changed what would the Autopians suggest for my tired dash? Is there anything new?

-303 seems to be the top choice but I`ve read that it stinks.

-Leatherique says to smear Vaseline on the dash. ?? um, no thanks.

-Pinnacle?

-1Z Cockpit Lemon?

TIA!

Showroom Shine
12-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Try Dash & Vent magic by Jax Wax. Google it!:idea

giga_dude
12-28-2007, 01:15 PM
I just got 303 and applied it this weekend for the first time >> no complaints whatsoever....

IppoJ
12-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Try Dash & Vent magic by Jax Wax. Google it!:idea

That sounds like it leaves a shiny finish.

I just got 303 and applied it this weekend for the first time >> no complaints whatsoever....

It doesn`t stink? What does it smell like?

Envious Eric
12-28-2007, 02:02 PM
OPP - optimum protectant plus...real suttle finish with no oily residue

imported_DetailDan
12-28-2007, 03:03 PM
1Z Cockpit Premium is what Ill be using from now on. DP Total Interior Protectant leaves a completely matte finish, cant even tell its on there. Ive got some of that for sale. Smells like bananas.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
12-28-2007, 03:06 PM
I`ve been through several large amounts of 303 protectant and have never noticed any smell.. in fact it is ALMOST odorless.

I have read accounts of 303 freezing due to clod temps and then when it thawed it smelled foul....

jesselyons2002
12-28-2007, 03:42 PM
The only time I smell anything from a protectant is when I just "Spray" it. Smell goes right away.

IppoJ
12-28-2007, 03:49 PM
1Z Cockpit Premium is what Ill be using from now on. DP Total Interior Protectant leaves a completely matte finish, cant even tell its on there. Ive got some of that for sale. Smells like bananas.

Cockpit Premium is just a cleaner, isn`t it? I have a couple different cleaners that I like. 1Z deep clean and the Leatherique cleaner both clean well but my dash is still not clean looking.
Do you have any samples of the DP?

I`ve been through several large amounts of 303 protectant and have never noticed any smell.. in fact it is ALMOST odorless.

I have read accounts of 303 freezing due to clod temps and then when it thawed it smelled foul....

That`s good to hear, the 303 seems to be highly regarded, I have their sample pack on order.

I`ve tried the EagleOne nano protectant in my daughters Saab, the smell makes me ill.

IppoJ
12-28-2007, 03:50 PM
What protectant do you use?

imported_DetailDan
12-28-2007, 03:57 PM
No, Cockpit Premium is a cleaner and protectant with anti static abilities. Its oil free and can be used on steering wheels.

99MustangGTVert
12-28-2007, 11:44 PM
FK108 Impressed the heck out of me. Wont be going back to the glossy stuff anytime soon.

Chris@Optimum
12-29-2007, 12:09 AM
Meg`s Quik Interior detailer. Smells great, UV protection, dries to a like new matte finish ( no shine)

IppoJ
12-29-2007, 10:57 AM
No, Cockpit Premium is a cleaner and protectant with anti static abilities. Its oil free and can be used on steering wheels.

Maybe I`ll give that a try, I`ve been impressed with every 1Z product I`ve tried.

FK108 Impressed the heck out of me. Wont be going back to the glossy stuff anytime soon.

Maybe I`ll see if I can get a sample of that but their website lists the shine as 7/10.

imported_Puckman
12-29-2007, 11:40 AM
I`ve never experienced any "smell" issues with 303 but the freeze then thaw affect may be an issue. I like the matte but new finish of the 303 in my BMW`s.