PDA

View Full Version : Swirl Removal on a New VW GTI

dmw16
12-28-2007, 11:56 AM
I have heard that VW uses pretty hard clearcoat. My previous car as a Honda S2000 which has notoriously soft clear coat and I am wondering how to adjust my techniques.

On my S2000 I used Optimum Compound and Polish and Edge pads. Basically all I need to correct right now (or when we get a warm day) are swirls left from the dealerships "detailers". Can I get by with the products I have or should I switch to something like Blackfire SRC or some other product?

Not sure if Menzerna is better for German cars since it is a German product. Yes or no?

Sorry if this is a silly question. I`ve never owned a new car before and I want to start off taking care of it right. I have always had used cars and had to fix the bad jobs that previous owners did, I don`t want to be the same way.

THanks.

SShine
12-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Menzerna works great on the hard VW clears

gtpaul
12-28-2007, 01:24 PM
I haven`t noticed the paint to be that hard, I have an 07` black magic pearl and poli-seal does the trick to remove any marring. I`ve used PO106FF with great results too.

jshillin
12-28-2007, 01:38 PM
I have heard that VW uses pretty hard clearcoat. My previous car as a Honda S2000 which has notoriously soft clear coat and I am wondering how to adjust my techniques.

On my S2000 I used Optimum Compound and Polish and Edge pads. Basically all I need to correct right now (or when we get a warm day) are swirls left from the dealerships "detailers". Can I get by with the products I have or should I switch to something like Blackfire SRC or some other product?

Not sure if Menzerna is better for German cars since it is a German product. Yes or no?

Sorry if this is a silly question. I`ve never owned a new car before and I want to start off taking care of it right. I have always had used cars and had to fix the bad jobs that previous owners did, I don`t want to be the same way.

THanks.

Try what you have first... If that doesn`t work, step up to SIP and 106FF.

violentveedub
12-28-2007, 01:49 PM
New VW paint isn`t hard anymore...