PDA

View Full Version : Adam`s comment on larger competition

Pages : [1] 2

Pennypacker
12-27-2007, 03:58 AM
Was browsing around and came upon this video that has a somewhat interesting, brief comment by Adam of Adam`s Polishes. It was in the context of a side-by-side comparison with someone representing "Production Car Care." The production car care guy was trying to promote something or other. Whatever--that part doesn`t matter so much. (In fact, this other person actually tells Adam they have "a whole system for auto dealers--who really know how to make their cars look good." I didn`t need to hear anything else from him after he dropped that nugget.)

Really just posting as I thought Adam`s comment around the 4:30 mark was kind of interesting. Somewhat muffled, but can still make it out regarding his thoughts on the big vs small companies. Maybe nothing surprising to some.

And I know the baggage with Adam`s and relabeling, etc. I`ll just leave that alone as I`ve never used any Adam`s stuff. Plus, he didn`t talk about that. ;)

adam waxes philosophic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMSxN1193Po)

Tripperfx3
12-27-2007, 04:35 AM
lol I was at that car show here in Reno. That was at the Grand Sierra. I didnt see all that go down though.

Setec Astronomy
12-27-2007, 08:43 AM
I don`t know if that was set up in advance, but that looked like an expensive booth, I would have told the guy to get lost, coming in to my booth space (or pretty close) and trying to "outshine" my product. It may have been setup in advance since it was a "draw" and they kind of agreed they served different markets, etc.

I`m not sure if you are trying to suggest some irony of a relabeler with a high markup decrying the quality (and low cost/value) of OTC products, or whether you thought he had a point.

Brian_Brice
12-27-2007, 09:12 AM
That was stupid, I don`t know which of those two people I dislike more.

imported_Detailing Technology
12-27-2007, 09:14 AM
I`m all for competition. If my relabeled XYZ is better than your relabeled XYZ, step up and prove it. May the better man win, always....

Be the best or close your doors.

12-27-2007, 09:15 AM
VASUPERSHINE - yes, they both seem like D-heads.

SETEC ASTRONOMY - Could have been a set up, but it didn`t really benefit Adams. And it didn`t cut a clear path into a future lower priced CG relabeled car dealer specific product line.

"New car dealers that really know how to make their cars look good", which one?

steelwind101
12-27-2007, 10:18 AM
HAHA!!

I have seen these posts, this is the guy that takes down Meguiars outside Kragens, what a hoot! What is his is saying....something about car care one car at a time. LOL, its going to take him for every to build up enough clients!

At one point, the expert reads from viewers comments that he should put his show polish against Meguiars polish.

On a dirty Civic he whips out some DC 2 Polish (pure glaze, no cleaners or protection) and applies to his dirty car. Then he compares it to an application of his "polish" in the non normal sense that is some sort of spray wax with light cleaning power. He needed to compare to UQD or something....what fake!

Complete crap!

RCBuddha
12-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Couple of thoughts:

1. That was a pretty big booth for Adams Products.

2. I really couldn`t tell if either side was any better than the other on that black trunk lid.

3. I see nothing special with their line, in the way of products. <---production car care products

Brian_Brice
12-27-2007, 12:23 PM
I saw nothing special in that entire video.

12-27-2007, 12:27 PM
It just reinforced how you need to be quick on your feet.

RCBuddha
12-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Oh, as far as the Adam`s comment: Based on my experience with CVS/RiteAid/Walgreens, his comment wasn`t too far off in regards to getting your product onto their shelves.

12-27-2007, 12:31 PM
SO TRUE.

Consider yourself lucky if you get paid in 12 months. Not worth it unless you have such in influx of cash the capital wont be missed.

Brian_Brice
12-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Oh, as far as the Adam`s comment: Based on my experience with CVS/RiteAid/Walgreens, his comment wasn`t too far off in regards to getting your product onto their shelves.

Well anyone who has tried to put their products on retail shelves would have that info.

RCBuddha
12-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Well anyone who has tried to put their products on retail shelves would have that info.

Yeah, I know, I was one of those guys trying to put a product onto the shelves. The everyday person doesn`t know that`s how the big guys operate.

Brian_Brice
12-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I know, I was one of those guys trying to put a product onto the shelves. The everyday person doesn`t know that`s how the big guys operate.

What were you trying to sell?