PDA

View Full Version : Mega-Plush Large Mitt Review!!!!

Beemerboy
07-11-2005, 09:39 AM
I got an extra large order from Steve not long back and decided to try his buffing mitt. The mitt arrived packed in those foam peanuts that go all over the garage in great condition. Its packed in a clear plastic bag that easy to open. The MF has a very plush feeling something that you would expect from Steve. The wrist band is very well made and comfortable and snug to keep the mitt in place while in use. The inside has a comfortable fit that does not slip around on your hand. There is enough room for any size hand from what I can feel.

The advantages to using this mitt are that you can really buff quickly, and get into tight places with your finger tips, like around the corner of the dash by the windshield, or around the knobs on instrument panel. I found that it made the job quicker and did a better job that using a regular MF towel.

The disadvantage was the my hand got hot quickly in the warmer weather and I had to keep taking it off the apply more product to the my applicator. However these are minor in comparison to the time saving and ease of use.

All in all I think that its a great addition to my MF collection. I will be getting a few more on my next order from Steve for various uses. I highly recommend this mitt!!!

Thanks Steve!

mtwedt
07-12-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the post, I think I will have to give this mitt a try sometime. The packing peanuts are a pain aren`t they? However, they do provide the safest shipping protection I think. The problem is what to do with them. Here in Oregon, we are big on recycling and our trash haulers are required to provide curb-side recycling, but they don`t take the peanuts. However, Metro recycling did tell me which local UPS shipping outlets do take them fo re-use. Perhaps other local shipping outlets will take them if you give them a call. I hate the thought of all those peanuts in the land fill.

Beemerboy
07-12-2005, 12:41 PM
Your welcome I`m not sure about what Steve are made of but I use to work for a company that used ones that where made out of corn strach and water would desolve them...not sure that would be good with Steves product...Also you would love the mitt its really works well

tubafeak
07-12-2005, 02:43 PM
I give my packing peanuts to my mom. She puts them in the bottom of her planters to promote drainage. They apparently work well at that job, and they certainly are cheaper than gravel.

Poorboy
07-12-2005, 03:00 PM
The packing peanuts are a pain aren`t they? However, they do provide the safest shipping protection I think. The problem is what to do with them.

Yes they are the best way to get packages delivered safely. Send them back and i`ll use them again...they are pretty expensive:eek
You can request I ship with newspaper , then you can read our local news here in NY and then recycle it:D

Porkanbeans
07-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Glad you like the mitt too. I bought 3 a while back and they`re still rockin` after 50+ washes. Nice and controllable, soak up a lot of soap, and leave minimal marring. I haven`t tried buffing off a product with one yet, sounds like an interesting use.

Edit: This is my whopping 200th post! Hooray for me! :dancin