PDA

View Full Version : What have you all found to be the longest lasting liquid carnuba?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

imported_RedlineIRL
12-26-2007, 10:18 PM
I`m looking to stock up on polishes and waxes for the spring, and I`m in need of a carnuba. I don`t want to spend all kinds of money on different products, then find out I don`t like them afterwards. I know carnubas are typically know not to last long at all, but what have you all found that lasts the longest? How well does Pinnacle Souverand stand up? I`ve heard Collonite is good, but I`ve only seen it in a paste style and I`m not much of a fan of pastes. Could you all give me some reccomendations?

Wolf-Strong
12-26-2007, 10:39 PM
I know Collnite has some liquid waxes that are pretty durable, but other than that, I`ve heard incredible claims on durability from their past waxesl ike 476. Meguiar`s M16 also has had some great raves about its durability.

I would be very interested to find out more about Souveran. I just ordered some and will be getting it next week, so we will see I guess.

Brian_Brice
12-26-2007, 10:44 PM
It`s not unrealistic to get 6 months out of 845.

Scottwax
12-26-2007, 11:07 PM
Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose. Very good durability and excellent depth. Collinite 845 has too bright a look for my tastes and honestly, I wasn`t impressed with the 3-4 month durability I got out of it, based on its reputation for great durability.

Brian_Brice
12-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose. Very good durability and excellent depth. Collinite 845 has too bright a look for my tastes and honestly, I wasn`t impressed with the 3-4 month durability I got out of it, based on its reputation for great durability.

Guess that`s the difference in the hot texas sun and fall/winters of virginia. As far as the look, it`s not great and I`d agree bright, but durability is very nice. I have still yet to try cm, I was actually looking to get a few ck products the other day when I made an order but ag and another online dist. stopped carrying them it seems?

derekbmw
12-26-2007, 11:13 PM
souveran has terrible durability, around 3~4 weeks here in NC.

Legacy
12-26-2007, 11:20 PM
LS is a great liquid nuba, but will loose it`s slickness after a couple of washes. Beading will last at least 4 weeks when washing weekly. FK425 between washes will help keep the glow and slickness. Since it has no cleaners I plan to put 3 coats a week apart and see what happens. Over all I think it`s a great liquid nuba.

Setec Astronomy
12-27-2007, 12:31 AM
I haven`t used the CK CM that Scott mentions, but I think 845 IW is a great liquid. A joy to apply, and the durability is very good for a liquid wax.

imported_RedlineIRL
12-27-2007, 12:57 AM

Is Carnuba Moose offered already mixed yet, or does it still require red and vanilla to be mixed? What are you getting as far as durabiliy with the carnuba moose?

souveran has terrible durability, around 3~4 weeks here in NC.

Since I`m bordering you, I`m sure I`ll get the same results. Thanks for the tip and saving me $30.

Does the 845 work well on darker colors? What do you all mean by a bright look, does it not provide the deep wet look of typical carnubas?

Setec Astronomy
12-27-2007, 01:00 AM
Is Carnuba Moose offered already mixed yet, or does it still require red and vanilla to be mixed?

You`re getting confused between Scott`s "pink moose" which (I think) is Red Machine Glaze and Vanilla Moose mixed together (a glaze) and Carnauba Moose, which is a liquid wax.

3puttjay
12-27-2007, 02:28 AM
I have tried Zymol titanium, s100, and collinite 845 and the order of shine and depth is in that order. But durability is in reverse order. 2 weeks for the zymol, 4 weeks for s100, and 5 months for 845. The order of expense is in that order as well. I didn`t think the zymol was worth it. Good luck with your selection.

RCBuddha
12-27-2007, 03:16 AM
Collinite 845 has been a strong performer for me.

distrbd
12-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Colinite IW 845 has been performing very well on my black car it has been 4 months and still going,it does make a black paint look its best.

imported_weekendwarrior
12-27-2007, 09:41 AM
I get good durability with the 845IW as well - I`m in NC. I think it looks very nice on silver, but does have "glow" to it. In my opinion, the glow is very similar to NXT 2.0.

Bigpoppa3346
12-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Collinite 845 for me. Easily my most used LSP. Just make sure you shake it a LOT before using. It will go from looking like petroleum jelly to a pretty thin liquid with proper shaking.