PDA

View Full Version : Curing Waxes and Sealants

Grabby
12-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Gentlemen,

Hello! I`m new to the forum but I`ve been reading a lot of articles put up here. I have a question regarding curing waxes and sealants.

I live in the Philippines which means tropical weather all year round. The days can get pretty hot to a maximum of 37 degrees Celsius to a minimum of 25 degrees Celsius in my area.

I recently acquired Klasse High Gloss Sealant and P21s 100% Carnauba Wax and have been wanting to layer it on. Instructions from the internet and the pamphlet that came with the P21s wax suggests waiting 24 hours before layering on another coat.

My question is this:

In my weather, what`s the least time of waiting to put on another coat of wax or sealant on my car?

My car is garaged at night and used daily.

Thanks,

Grabby

distrbd
12-25-2007, 11:15 AM
24 hours is a good rule of thumb but if where you live really humid then it would be wiser to wait longer 36 to 48 hours is my estimate.

CalgaryDetail
12-25-2007, 02:31 PM
sealents often need 12-24 hours to cure, wax on the other hand does not.. let it cure for 3-4 hours, level the wax with a cold water or qd spray down and you are ready to wax again... I have tired it and see no diffrence compared to waiting 12-24 hours