PDA

View Full Version : Best spray detailers for Klasse?

wfedwar
12-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Hello,

I use Klasse AIO with HGSG and was wondering what spray detailers people have ahd luck with. I have already used Menzerna HGAS, which complements the HGSG well. I`m also wondering how Sonus Acrylic Glanz or Zaino Z8 work. There are others out there too... Please post your results, including look and durability if possible.

As for the one I`ve tried, HGAS, I get a pretty good wet look, similar to ~2 fresh coats of HGSG, and it seems to last through 3-4 rain showers or washes.

Thanks.

Scottwax
12-24-2007, 02:17 PM
HGAS or Werkstatt`s Acrylic Glos work very well. Z8 plays nice too.

Old Pirate
12-24-2007, 02:19 PM
Their all good ones that you have, you could try Z6 and also some Deepdetail from Deepswax also.

steelwind101
12-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Sonus Acrylic Spritz :chuckle:

Spray, wipe and walk!

KnuckleBuckett
12-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Adam`s Detail Spray

Smells like bublegum!

TGates
12-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Sonus Acrylic Spritz :chuckle:

Spray, wipe and walk!

A fine detail spray indeed. One of my favorites. I really like Acrylic Glanz over Klasse/Werkstat, too. It`s a great durability/gloss booster.

Mobilejay
12-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Their all good ones that you have, you could try Z6 and also some Deepdetail from Deepswax also.

I have used Deep Detail from introducing deepFinish :: the ultimate appearance products (http://www.deepfinish.com). It is all I use now. I love the way it looks. glossy and wet. Someone said durability was about a week. I can`t say because I use it every time I wash my car.

wannafbody
12-24-2007, 07:38 PM
There is a difference between a QD and a spray wax or sealant. You can use any QD with Klasse and JW.

imported_Larry A
12-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Eagle One Wipe n Shine was recommended at one time.

Accumulator
12-24-2007, 08:17 PM
I`ve done fine with BF and UPP QDs and QuikShine, but now I use FK425 pretty much exclusively.

wannafbody- Good point about the difference between spray sealants and leaves-stuff-behind QDs. Some day I`ll try my UPP spray with KSG on something other than just some wheels. When I used the UPP spray on KSGed wheels it worked fine.

TTWAGN
12-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Duragloss Aquawax is very popular.

I am fairly certain that Aquawax has very similar ingrediants to Zaino Z8. I think Aquawax is a 50:50 watered down version of Z8. It may even come out of the same factory, though there are only a certain number of ingrediants they may be very similar and the manufacturers dont even know it.

Having used Z8 i`d say it is too concentrated where as the added water in Aquawax makes it more user friendly and works out being the same cost as you spray more Aquawax onto the panel.

Everyone i know who is using Z8 has acheived betetr results by adding distilled water.

The Aquawax spray nozzle is better as well i reccon.

Fallz
12-27-2007, 12:56 AM
I`ve done fine with BF and UPP QDs and QuikShine, but now I use FK425 pretty much exclusively.

wannafbody- Good point about the difference between spray sealants and leaves-stuff-behind QDs. Some day I`ll try my UPP spray with KSG on something other than just some wheels. When I used the UPP spray on KSGed wheels it worked fine.

I know everyone has their own flavor , but I agree about the FK425. Awesome QD over wax or sealant.

I`ve also used DG FC&S and its pretty good over sealant too.

jshillin
12-27-2007, 06:43 AM
I used FK425 on everything but Zaino, I still use Z8 for that.

steelwind101
12-27-2007, 10:28 AM
There is a difference between a QD and a spray wax or sealant. You can use any QD with Klasse and JW.

Im all tradtional with terms, from the days of Meguiars beige bottle gear.

So for me a QD is a product you spray on your car, it gently cleans the surface and enhances gloss. But doesnt leave anything behind. In more modern times things have changed and now you have products like PB`s S+G which really doesnt clean all that well at all but does leave amazing gloss.

Spray sealants and waxes leave dedicated protection on the surface of the car. Mostly short term, but not always. Most of the cheaper options you can consider to be booster products which are great to add a bit of extra shine to the car if it complements the last used product or can help with protecting surface if you cant get it waxed often enough.

I would advise caustion on using products like some of the CG`s QD`s that have nuba in them between layers of any arylic and polymer sealants. It may cause bonding issues, over the counter you can get purchase an excellent product called Mothers Showtime. It cleans well and leaves a decent gloss but doesnt leave any protection behind. Great for drying with, great for wipe downs between product layers of any product. Walmart, Fred Meyer etc all have it for $5 for 16OZ.

For maintaining your JW or Klasses why not get the JW appropriate Werkstatt "glos" QD? For wipe doen between layers try Mothers for example. If you have finished layering then you can use a QD with a spray wax or sealant.

Geoff

charbro
12-27-2007, 12:21 PM
FK425 or a 1:6 mix Klasse sealant/water.

Works great!