PDA

View Full Version : My site is no clone!

YoMike
12-24-2007, 11:49 AM
I have posted that my site was a good place to have your profile on the web.

I was accused of a myspace clone. Look at the sites that are being made with the more advance programing than myspace.

Oh most of them are done by yoyo dudes (I sell yoyos duh).

http://Shifty.gotomy.com

http://PyroDenny.gotomy.com

Joshua312
12-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Hmm...yeah they just look like more advanced myspace to me...And myspace is dead IMO, just another fad that fades.

paul34
12-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Well it is, admittedly. Deosn`t mean its a bad thing. Just an evolution on MySpace, but you did copy the layout, overall point, etc.

If someone designed a car that looked exactly like a Mustang, but the only difference was that they quad-turboed it, it wouldn`t really make it any less of a Mustang clone... but it would still be "better" at least in strict power terms

YoMike
12-24-2007, 09:53 PM
If someone designed a car that looked exactly like a Mustang, but the only difference was that they quad-turboed it, it wouldn`t really make it any less of a Mustang clone... but it would still be "better" at least in strict power terms

Isn`t that called a Shelby? There are features the blow Myspace away, did you notice the url

of the use is username.gotomy.com not that long url thing. type corvette.gotomy.com in address bar, hmm. Social network it is. So anyone who built a search engine after the first one was create would be just coping the first dude? I had Gotomy.com for 9 years but not the resourse to do it right. There will more features than you can imagine shortly. Fads come and go, hell I sell yo yo`s. It`s a generational thing every 7 years a new batch of youth come along to go thru the fad again. .

Joshua312
12-24-2007, 10:01 PM
It`s a generational thing every 7 years a new batch of youth come along to go thru the fad again. .

Myspace url`s arent that long...they are just myspace.com/username

True that more people will go through the fad, however online it is a bit different as new websites are born...First it was xanga then myspace, and now it is Facebook. I think it is a bit different and in another year there will be another site. The thing which I think these sites do wrong is allow for little kids to join. Facebook was perfect IMO, it allows college students to meet one another and have a layout which wasn`t cluttered with crap, then high school students were allowed to join, heck now anyone can and what has come? More stupid apps. Social websites like this flourish and then die out so quickly

YoMike
12-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Myspace url`s arent that long...they are just myspace.com/username

True that more people will go through the fad, however online it is a bit different as new websites are born...First it was xanga then myspace, and now it is Facebook. I think it is a bit different and in another year there will be another site. The thing which I think these sites do wrong is allow for little kids to join. Facebook was perfect IMO, it allows college students to meet one another and have a layout which wasn`t cluttered with crap, then high school students were allowed to join, heck now anyone can and what has come? More stupid apps. Social websites like this flourish and then die out so quickly

Guess it would really bug you if me and 2 other guys beats the pants off of myspace, thanks for your support.

Must just hate the fact that I wake on Maui and you where? hehe

Brian_Brice
12-26-2007, 01:34 AM
Myspace member numbers have grown every month forever now, I can see why a college kid would hate on it while trying to seperate a site due to age groups (like facebook) but to say sites like it die out, give me an example, I don`t frequent any of them but have seen the numbers and Myspace is getting outrageously huge.

azenthusiast
12-26-2007, 01:54 AM
Must just hate the fact that I wake on Maui and you where? hehe

:har: Very mature. Sounds like some comebacks I heard in my freshman year of high school.

YoMike
12-26-2007, 01:59 AM
:har: Very mature. Sounds like some comebacks I heard in my freshman year of high school.

Is that as far back as you can remember or was that the end of your virgin life?

P1et
12-26-2007, 06:28 AM
I hate to say it Mike, but the layout of your immitation MySpace website is absolutely horrendous. Un-organized, busy looking and takes forever to load. Not exactly very user-friendly.

If you were going to copy anything, why not copy the clean look of Facebook?

YoMike
12-26-2007, 06:47 AM
First off Gotomy.com is a complete sentence. Can you say go to my dot com?

myspace.com and facebook.com are both non-sentences and non sense see my point?

Guess Ciara site looks like a jumble of mess to you all?

http://www.gotomy.com/users/Ciara/

We need more time captain we can defeat the kling ons!

Support the little guy dam I`m only 5`4" fire away!

imported_Surfer
12-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Looks like Myspace to me :nixweiss

Apparently Britney Spears is bi clicking on her profile lol

TortoiseAWD
12-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Thread locked. Autopia isn`t the place to be advertising (yet) another social network, nor is it the place to get snippy with other members when there`s a disagreement.

Tort

(moderator)