PDA

View Full Version : Why no advertising from QEW or ONR?

BRODEY1
12-24-2007, 05:52 AM
I searched first, but got no results. Why in the world aren`t these products advertised? Do they seem to good to be true? Too hard to explain in 30 seconds? No market, besides us?

Detailers Union :bat ? seems like too much trouble? I guess they do advertise on car sites like Autogeek and others, but I mean "mass marketed".

Maybe a little bit of all of the above.

It took Autopia & Miata.net (and severe drought restrictions) 6 months to convince me to give it a try.....maybe I just answered my own question.

Perhaps ProtectAll & Optimum are doing better than I realize,and simply don`t need to advertise.

What do you think?

oh, and Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Macko
12-24-2007, 06:23 AM
Boxing Day, 10:00am, I will lose my ONR virginity. You`re right about a lack of exposure, I struggled to find anyone that stocks it in the UK.

Ron Harris
12-24-2007, 08:14 AM
I know that Optimum will be doing advertising in the new year for No Rinse.

zoomzoom3
12-24-2007, 10:38 AM
I`m surprised it`s not advertised here in the freezing cold north. Where I live, it might be late April before I can hose & bucket wash again. I had never heard of ONR until I came here, I`ve never used it either, but I`m thinking of ordering some soon.

a.k.a. Patrick
12-24-2007, 12:05 PM
You will find advertising less of a need" these days with the internet. A simple search on Yahoo or Google would have yielded multiple pages of "advertising"......

imported_hockeyplaya13
12-24-2007, 12:59 PM
I think it`s because it just wouldn`t be worth it. Think of how many people really care about their vehicles enough to want to go outside in the freezing cold to wash their car. Not many. People like us are a very small minority, and advertising would waste money. Besides, we do all of their advertising for them on these forums. If their product is good and works well, then it will get publicity on here. Think of how many ONR threads there are on here. We do it all for them.

Scottwax
12-24-2007, 02:14 PM
What suprised me is that neither seemed to take the opportunity to contact areas in severe drought with car washing restrictions. What a golden opportunity to let those areas know there is a responsible, low water method for keeping cars clean.

Maybe because both products get decent internet exposure?

Bigreebs07
12-24-2007, 10:49 PM
I`m surprised it`s not advertised here in the freezing cold north. Where I live, it might be late April before I can hose & bucket wash again. I had never heard of ONR until I came here, I`ve never used it either, but I`m thinking of ordering some soon.

+1 I just bought some this week that im going to try

imported_hooked
12-24-2007, 11:17 PM
What suprised me is that neither seemed to take the opportunity to contact areas in severe drought with car washing restrictions. What a golden opportunity to let those areas know there is a responsible, low water method for keeping cars clean.

Maybe because both products get decent internet exposure?

Exactly! If the local government agencies were made aware of ONR type products and listed them in their recommendations of ways to save water, that would mean mass exposure to the general public with very little effort by the companies.

But then again, maybe not! That might cause a shortage and then I wouldn`t be able to order ONR! Never mind.... ;)

Mobilejay
12-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Think of it this way it took you 6 months to try it out reading reviews and other posts. If someone saw it advertised in a mag or something they would look at it like BS. Every time I get asked about it with a client I have to explain that its not bad for their car. I show them how to use it and even then they probably wouldn`t try it themselves. They trust my judgment and realize I wont mess anything up so they just say "huh, pretty cool". You think that if it was advertised in an exotic car mag that people would buy it? HELL NO! They would be terrified of it. With cars like that you just explain if they ask and assure them nothing bad will come from you washing rinsless style. It is all I use unless caked with mudd.

3wide
12-26-2007, 03:09 AM
i got my dad some for christmas and he`d never heard of it. i tried to explain what it is how you use it but i don`t think i did a very good job, i could tell he was skeptical. i wanted to show him how to use it but never got the time. as far as advertising, word of mouth is still a good method. that along with a good product and good customer service, these days people will find the product.