PDA

View Full Version : Foam Pad shipping integrity

getcha
12-22-2007, 11:55 PM
I ordered a set of sonus pads and a couple LCs ccs along with another grit guard. when they arrived because of the way they were packed(stuffed rather) with the blades of the grit guard they had dents and marks dented in them from being shoved against the guard. I left them out so they could reform to flat and it seems that they are ok now(though i swear in my head the ditch spotsmade by the GG is a bit softer). My question is: are my pads ok is their integrity compromised by being shoved against the blades? I know they are foam but are they damaged(eventhough i cant see it) by the packing job?? Im nervous and just need advice.

BigAl3
12-23-2007, 12:03 AM
go ahead and use them, they`ll be fine. eventually they`ll re-shape to their original state...

Chris@Optimum
12-23-2007, 12:39 AM
shipping error, make them reship. businesses should do better. They are probably ok but why chance it.

Setec Astronomy
12-23-2007, 01:18 AM
They are FINE.

Twista616
12-23-2007, 02:04 AM
If you still feel nervous, soak them in some water and they should reform without a problem...no worries....make sure you let the pads dry before you use them!!

getcha
12-23-2007, 02:29 AM
They slowly came back to flat. The only thing im worried about is the internal structure of them. Its a bit frustrating having small things like that happen. And youre right I think businesses should do better.

a.k.a. Patrick
12-23-2007, 03:14 AM
shipping error, make them reship. businesses should do better. They are probably ok but why chance it. I very often ship pads on the sides of the boxes to protect other items. Not a problem,and its a heck of a lot less stressful then using them on a PC or UDm. Theyre good to go, you have no worries.......