PDA

View Full Version : Do you find ONR completely Mar Free

Pages : [1] 2 3

pingable
12-20-2007, 02:29 PM
This is my 2nd time using the product.

1st time I used 2 sheepskin mitts .

Today, I used 4 mitts per car.

What I`m observing is the *formulation* of ONR and how it does not release dirt from the mitt. After washing the car, I take my mitts back indoors and rinse them in my laundry sink.

I`ve notice that the dirt in the mitts will not release even in a hot water soak.

I need to use APC, let it dwell on mitts, and then followup with a plastic bristle cleaning brush to *comb it out*.

There is alot of dirt, grime, fine dirt, etc that releases from the mitt *my laundry sink .

Dunno about long term use and how mar-free or much marring the combo will be on my Jet Black car.

Sofar, I think it`s great and an incredibly slick waterless wash......but I`m just not sure how gentle it is on the pair fiven my wash media. I may try a grount sponge but I suppose the results are the same.

jpochile
12-20-2007, 03:19 PM
grout sponge release dirt much better than any other washing media . They work great with ONR.

Cheers , Jean Paul

detaildoc
12-20-2007, 03:20 PM
This is my 2nd time using the product.

1st time I used 2 sheepskin mitts .

Today, I used 4 mitts per car.

What I`m observing is the *formulation* of ONR and how it does not release dirt from the mitt. After washing the car, I take my mitts back indoors and rinse them in my laundry sink.

I`ve notice that the dirt in the mitts will not release even in a hot water soak.

I need to use APC, let it dwell on mitts, and then followup with a plastic bristle cleaning brush to *comb it out*.

There is alot of dirt, grime, fine dirt, etc that releases from the mitt *my laundry sink .

Dunno about long term use and how mar-free or much marring the combo will be on my Jet Black car.

Sofar, I think it`s great and an incredibly slick waterless wash......but I`m just not sure how gentle it is on the pair fiven my wash media. I may try a grount sponge but I suppose the results are the same.

You should not have that problem with the grout sponge as it releases all the dirt and grime really well. You might also want to try the sea sponge, it is much softer.

jshillin
12-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I tried a grout sponge with ONR 2 weeks ago. After your done your panel, squeeze out the sponge and it releases a lot.

pingable
12-20-2007, 03:29 PM
It`s not the media that is the issue at hand....

It`s how ONR and whatever properties it has in encapsulating dirt ties into the media and does not allow it to release cleanly from the media is what I`m observing.

My laundry sink is a white cast iron sink. I can clearly see ~too much grit~ for my taste that is released from my sheepskin mitts ONLY after I wash them with APC.

Prior to APC, they are embedded into the mitt.

BigJimZ28
12-20-2007, 03:34 PM
It`s not the media that is the issue at hand....

do me a favor spend the $2 and try the GS and tell me if you

still think it is not the media

TortoiseAWD
12-20-2007, 03:39 PM
I use Sonus Concours Buffing Towels as my wash media. Rather than trying to deal with getting the dirt to release, I just keep flipping to a new side of the towel.

YMMV, but that`s how I`ve done QEW and ONR washes for a couple of years now. I might have to give the grout sponge a try, though; always nice to have other options.

Tort

J.J.
12-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I`ve used both Eurow SHeepskins and GS and find both to result in a mar free finish on my black paint.

It`s all in the application. 2 bucket method, hood and top panels before bottoms.

JJ

Milestones
12-20-2007, 03:56 PM
I`ve been using the Eurow sheepskins with no problem for over 6 months now.

I use the two bucket method and I also pre-soak each panel with QD strength ONR before washing.

So far so good - no marring.

KnuckleBuckett
12-20-2007, 04:03 PM
At the risk of exciting my good man Junebug, go for the win with a grout sponge!

[EDIT]

I have not used ONR.

I am speaking from my experience with grout sponges and a typical water based car wash. I still use a MF mitt for complex places like the grille but the GS has become my main washing media.

Just wanted to clear this up.

[END OF EDIT]

:)

NSXTASY
12-20-2007, 04:30 PM
ONR has this effect on almost all wash media that I have used with it. (Chenille, GS, MF, MF Mitt, SS Mitt). Grout sponges are no different. When I use GS I use at least two. When I am finished, depending on how dirty the car was, I rinse out the GS with duragloss 902 in a bucket of hot water. After I let them soak and rinse them out, the water is dark brown/black.

Its very similar on all the wash media that I use. Thats why I think its important to use a few different media for each wash.

imported_mburnickas
12-20-2007, 04:32 PM
I just use a MF glove mit from China-mart. Works great for $5. I have used it from caked on road salt to CT red sand (on roads).

BigJimZ28
12-20-2007, 04:40 PM
ONR has this effect on almost all wash media that I have used with it. (Chenille, GS, MF, MF Mitt, SS Mitt). Grout sponges are no different. When I use GS I use at least two. When I am finished, depending on how dirty the car was, I rinse out the GS with duragloss 902 in a bucket of hot water. After I let them soak and rinse them out, the water is dark brown/black.

Its very similar on all the wash media that I use. Thats why I think its important to use a few different media for each wash.

yes ONR has this effect on all media

but I find the GS to release dirt and grit alot better then sheepskin mitt

with a little aggitation in the rinse bucket

BigHonu
12-20-2007, 05:57 PM
I find it mar free if I keep my wash sections small.

MattPersman
12-20-2007, 07:40 PM
GS FTW...10 characters