PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Do You Think Applying A Quality Nuba Over A Sealent Detracts From The Finish?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_DieselMDX
12-19-2007, 01:06 AM
I have a 2006 Acura Mdx Silver right now with zaino z5/z2/cs topped with pinnacle souveran/zymol EG. Do you think i will have a better shine/depth/wetness from the nuba by removing all prior products before applying Swissvax concourso?

People often top a sealent with nuba but in some vehicles I think you are not getting the most from a high nuba by not using it on fresh paint.

imported_DieselMDX
12-19-2007, 01:08 AM
Made a mistake on the poll question it should read OVER a sealent mods could you please change this?

imported_DetailDan
12-19-2007, 01:18 AM
From personal experiences, it depends on the products you`re using. But to apply Swissvax over Zaino would be a complete waste of a high end wax. Get that Zaino off of there, polish to a flawless finish, use the cleaner fluid, then use your Swissvax.

imported_DieselMDX
12-19-2007, 01:23 AM
I would agree with that D&D, thanx

imported_DetailDan
12-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Another thing Ive noticed every time, is applying a wax over sealant will reduce slickness. Im not sure I believe in putting a wax over a sealant at all.

detaildoc
12-19-2007, 01:41 AM
Another thing Ive noticed every time, is applying a wax over sealant will reduce slickness. Im not sure I believe in putting a wax over a sealant at all.

How about putting a sealant over a wax?

imported_JoshVette
12-19-2007, 01:44 AM

I agree.

The real key to it is to bring the paint back to a flawless, swirlfree finish, after that it doesn`t quite matter what you top it with as far as looks are concerned since you can`t make the paint look much deeper then it`s perfect pure defect free state of being, my main concern after perfecting the paint would be to use a product that will be durable enough to maintain it long term with proper washing techniques of course....

Personally like Zaino and I don`t top it with a Nuba as it`s not needed over a sealant.

Josh

imported_DetailDan
12-19-2007, 01:46 AM

Cant do that. Sealants dont bond to Carnauba.

imported_JoshVette
12-19-2007, 01:46 AM

No, sealant are designed to bond to the raw clear coat, so anything under it will obstruct and ultimately reduce the longevity of the sealant, that`s why it`s important to rewash after polishing so as to remove any lubes left from the polish so that the sealant can "stick" to the raw clear coat.

detaildoc
12-19-2007, 01:48 AM
Cant do that. Sealants dont bond to Carnauba.

I was thinking more like UPGP on top of NXT 2.0, not a carnauba

RCBuddha
12-19-2007, 02:01 AM
I was thinking more like UPGP on top of NXT 2.0, not a carnauba

Hard to say whether the UPGP would properly bond to the surface if NXT 2.0 is there. Try it out and let us know...:nixweiss

I always thought that a nuba over a sealant was a waste, why not just use the nuba or sealant straight?

imported_DetailDan
12-19-2007, 02:05 AM
why not just use the nuba or sealant straight?

Thats the way it should be done.

imported_DieselMDX
12-19-2007, 02:23 AM
but alot of people top sealents with nubas just look in click and brags

imported_DetailDan
12-19-2007, 02:45 AM
I know, but a lot of people also do things wrong. Or what is wrong to some is right to others. Or maybe they dont even consider what they are doing, they just read what someone else is doing so they decided to do it too. What you have to do is experiment with things and really critique it. Do it side by side, compare depth, wetness, beading, sheeting, slickness, etc. Then make a decision for yourself.

blucpe
12-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Made a mistake on the poll question it should read OVER a sealent mods could you please change this?

i did`nt even notice that, i merly assumed it said over. thanx for bringing that to everyones attention.