PDA

View Full Version : piercings! , who has them.

Pages : [1] 2

TrueDetailer
07-09-2005, 06:52 PM
Like the title states. Who here has some piercings? Anybody got them gauged out? I have 7/16th plugs and 6 gauge hoops in my ears and a 8 gauge stud in my tounge.

GlossyTundra
07-09-2005, 07:10 PM
my gf wants a belly button piercing. I wont let her have on on her belly or any other part. Just dont like them. Nothing to anybody, just dont. Dont like dodges either, but she has one(let the hating begin). :)

audiboy
07-09-2005, 07:31 PM
I used to have three, but I had to take them out when I joined the military.

Anthony A
07-09-2005, 09:28 PM
No piercings or tattoos for me. I am not a human pin cushion or doodle pad. I think they look absolutely ridiculous. Nothing more annoying than talking to somebody with a piece of metal stuck to their tongue.

LastDetail
07-09-2005, 11:56 PM
I have about 13 hours of tattooing, right arm, back, right leg. Tongue, lip, and ear pierced. I used to have 2 in my left eyebrow, but they kept snagging on stuff so I took em out.

Anthony A. that was kinda harsh man.

jaybs02
07-10-2005, 05:43 AM
Used to have my ear pierced (haven`t worn them in years), and I have a few tats.

Kinda on topic/OT, do you think your piercings/ink/whatever has cost you any business.
This has nothing to do with the quality of the work that you perform, but there are people that judge a book by it`s cover and not the quality of it`s content.

Anthony:
The topic was quite obvious, if you found it disturbing or offensive you should have just avoided it. You have a right to your opinion, but those with piercing and tats have theres too.

"J"

audiboy
07-10-2005, 08:13 AM
My tattoo is not visible while I`m wearing a shirt. Although I do think people with a lot of tattoo`s get unfair judgements.

Mikeyzr
07-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Anthony A, flame on someone else`s time. Don`t join in on a topic unless you have something constructive to say. Nothing was geared towards you in this topic.

I freaked my folks out once by taking a couple of notebook bindings and cutting them to a small loop, then placing one and bending it around my eyebrow and nose. They were fake, but you`d never know until I took them out! I don`t have any, but have been throwing around the idea of a tat for a long time!

Mike

jaybs02
07-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Anthony, it`s obvious that you don`t care for the topic.
If it bothers you that much... avoid it.

"J"

Way2SSlow
07-10-2005, 10:31 AM
I like to check out other people`s ink, but I dont ever see myself getting any done. Some people have some really cool tat`s but it`s just not for me.

TrueDetailer
07-10-2005, 11:21 AM
[QUOTE=jaybs95]
Kinda on topic/OT, do you think your piercings/ink/whatever has cost you any business.
This has nothing to do with the quality of the work that you perform, but there are people that judge a book by it`s cover and not the quality of it`s content.
QUOTE]

Of course all the metal in my ears has kept me from getting repeat buisness. Hell i can stick my index finger thru my ear. But i could careless about losing those customers. We live in 2005 now, This type of thing is becoming a normal part of life. If you can`t look past the way i express myself, I don`t need your business. I say go find you a white collard Church going detailer if thats what you want. But the way you look does not make the detail any better.

TrueDetailer
07-10-2005, 11:39 AM
No piercings or tattoos for me. I am not a human pin cushion or doodle pad. I think they look absolutely ridiculous. Nothing more annoying than talking to somebody with a piece of metal stuck to their tongue.

Anthony your post has nothing to do with this topic.

Waxxy
07-10-2005, 12:30 PM
(getting back to the subject)....
I have 6 piercings (ear lobes and belly button) and 4 tats (not big ones, about 6 hours total time)

maximv1
07-10-2005, 01:46 PM

i feel it could affect business, which is unfortunate. i have several tats(never have enough) and would like to go full sleeve on both arms. when customesr from the dealership see me out of uniform in a tank top and ink showing they have never said anything bad, including older customers. it is sad in 2005 people still judge by looks. as long as they aren`t crappy quality who cares.

rabbi
07-10-2005, 03:16 PM
I`m staying out of it!