PDA

View Full Version : Souveran as a Collinite Topper?

nonwelder
12-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Thinking I would love to have a layer of IW topped with Souveran. Any thoughts on this? Thinking it would be nice to have a strong base of IW topped with glow!!

Thanks.

NSXTASY
12-18-2007, 05:35 PM
I havent been able to determine if topping a wax with another wax actually leaves the base intact. It seems whenever I apply another coat the base is just replaced. Otherwise I would have about an inch of wax on my car.

So....I`ve got nothin.

wannafbody
12-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Collinite claims there waxes can layer-I dunno. I quess it depends on the type of solvent used to soften the carnauba.

J.J.
12-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Did you get the Souveran I sent today?

JJ

Anomaly
12-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Have you seen this thread?

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/100749-tale-7-ferraris-139-pics.html

For the second (blue) Ferrari, the following was used:

Next up was a pair of Ferraris from the same owner. The first is a rare 456 GT (rare because of the color combination which is Tour De France blue over saddle and blue interior) and it features a 6 speed, which most 456GT`s features a 4 speed auto.

The TDF blue is an amazing color with a lot of reflection and flake, but this one needed some work. I should also note that the this detail has been split into two sessions, last month and this month, but I will combine them.

Process

ONR wash

Clay with Zaino Z18 using Pinnacle Clay Lube

Rims, Tires, and Wells cleaned with Meguiars APC

General Paint Polishing process

2-3 x 3M Extra Cut with a LC White Wool Pad

1-2 x Menzerna SIP on a LC Orange or White Pad

1 x 106ff on a 3M Ultra Fina pad

Rewash with Zaino Z7

Red Moose Machine Glaze with a LC blue pad

Collonite #845 (day one) x 2

Pinnacle Souveran (day two)

Zaino Z16 on tires

Leatherquie treatment

Carpets shampooed with Meg`s APC

Rims polished with DeepFinish Deep Chrome and protected by DeepFinish DeepSwax

Windows, lights, trims recieved Zaino AIO topped by Z2pro

nonwelder
12-19-2007, 09:05 AM
JJ...I have it in my hands!! My plan would be to use the IW, and then top 12 hours later with Souveran. Personally, I do not see an issue with it....thanks for the input...keep it coming.

jimmie jam
12-19-2007, 09:50 AM
forgive me here. why not just put another layer of IW on?:think: learn me something.

BigJimZ28
12-19-2007, 09:57 AM
forgive me here. why not just put another layer of IW on?:think: learn me something.

because Iw is very durable but

souveran has a much nicer glow to it so

he is trying for the best of both worlds

audicoupej
12-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Try it out and let us know the durability.

steelwind101
12-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Hi,

IW doesnt last more then around 3 month. I posted so many times, apply PS on top of your glaze or polished paintwork and cover with Optiseal Sealant! Seal in those PS looks and get 3 months of spray on no buff protection from Optiseal.

Optiseal wont change the looks of the PS either. With Optiseal there is no need to drop the looks of a beauty wax when the weather turns bad buddy.

Geoff

zaxjax
12-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Hi,

IW doesnt last more then around 3 month. I posted so many times, apply PS on top of your glaze or polished paintwork and cover with Optiseal Sealant! Seal in those PS looks and get 3 months of spray on no buff protection from Optiseal.

Optiseal wont change the looks of the PS either. With Optiseal there is no need to drop the looks of a beauty wax when the weather turns bad buddy.

Geoff

Good info, I will have to order the Opti-Seal and try it.

Accumulator
12-20-2007, 02:10 PM
I can`t recall using Souveran over top of 845, but I did try it spit-shined (Griot`s SpeedShine as the spit) over 476S and I really, really liked it. This was on nonmetallic Volvo medium blue, and the Souveran really made it look better.

Collinite claims there waxes can layer-I dunno...

Yeah, they layer...I`ve seen a lot of evidence that they do and no evidence that they don`t (e.g., zero "like removes like" effect when I tried to get dried 476S to soften up by applying more). But that`s with multiple layers of *Collinite* waxes, I hear you have to be a little careful about putting other stuff on top of them. I`ve never had any problems but if in doubt I`d use the spit-shining.