PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna SIP vs IP via PC

Pages : [1] 2 3

ptim
12-18-2007, 07:36 AM
I only have a PC, would it be to my advantage to get SIP, or would I get the same results with IP by using the PC.

jshillin
12-18-2007, 07:50 AM
I prefer SIP over IP on both my PC and rotary, I get better cut and a nicer finish!!

zaxjax
12-18-2007, 08:32 AM
I have both and use both for depending on the condition of the vehicle.

Junebug
12-18-2007, 10:12 AM
I`ve never tried SIP, however, a good friend and fellow detailer has and was not impressed by it. Since I value his opinion and I wanted to save some bucks - I got IP instead. I have used that with the 5.5" orange low profile pad with my PC and was very impressed with the results. I removed all the cat scratches from my 2008 Accord`s hood and left the paint LSP ready.

Cleaning Fool
12-18-2007, 09:07 PM
I happen to own a 2005 Mercedes with the new scratch-resistant clear. To date, I have never experienced a blemish, swirl or spot that I could not remove with PO106FF using an Orange Power Pad and a circular polisher. I did purchase a bottle of PO83, just in case, but I have not yet used it on my Mercedes. I did however, use it on my wife`s Mini Cooper which has a conventional clear coat. I compared it with PO91E Intensive Polish using an Orange Power Pad on my Porter Cable 7424 polisher. Frankly, I couldn`t tell a difference. I certainly would not spend the extra money on PO83 if my car has a conventional clear coat. Thats a quote from Properautocare.com.

Carbon Blue
12-18-2007, 09:18 PM
this gives me second thoughts. Ive had nothing but awesome results with my Intensive polish and final polish combo. But all this talk about PO106FF and SIP make me wanna switch over and try it out.....hmmm

wannafbody
12-18-2007, 09:41 PM
IP and FP2 are formulated with aluminum oxide which is a 9 on the Mohr scale. A diamond is rated as a 10. That is plenty tuff for conventional clears.

Bigpikle
12-19-2007, 02:58 AM
I used SIP 3.02 on my Audi paint with a menz polish pad and it gave a 100% deect remval and left a LSP ready finish, using the UDM.

DM101
12-19-2007, 07:43 AM
I think (this is when I have trouble) that you could get the same results. Ip may require a little more time but should finish out the same.

imported_TK7
12-20-2007, 01:29 PM
im sorry, im a little lost on the accronyms.

whats SIP and IP.

is IP Intensive Polish?

jshillin
12-20-2007, 01:35 PM
im sorry, im a little lost on the accronyms.

whats SIP and IP.

is IP Intensive Polish?

SIP = Super Intense Polish

IP = Intense Polish

cheapshot
12-21-2007, 07:21 AM
I was thinking about ordering SIP and was wondering the same thing, the chart at autogeek says they (SIP + IP) start with the same grit and finish down the same. So why is SIP so expensive?

Doesn`t SIP come in larger bottles only?

Is dusting any differ? if any?

Does SIP seem to work a little longer then IP?

Does SIP work better then IP in differ climates?

Is Menzerna cashing in on hype?

Is the SUPER sticker just a fraud? :furious: LOL

Sorry for all the question, I would think menzerna SIP is a better product, however I can`t say because I never used any of there stuff. I would think (hope) the main difference was in how the product works. You could have the same results, with different working times. And if used enough on (all kinds of cars and clears) maybe sip really out performs IP. I just confused myself. :nixweiss

Junebug
12-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Look at the chart - SIP is for the hard clear coats.

porta
12-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Look at the chart - SIP is for the hard clear coats.

But works wonder on all clears. IMHO much better then PO91L( or regular IP for all you guys over the pond ;))

Junebug
12-21-2007, 10:37 AM
IP worked fine on my 2008 Honda. I just can`t see paying extra for SIP when it`s known to have a finicky side. If I need serious correction- it`s 3M Extra Cut and wool, then IP.