PDA

View Full Version : How abrasive is ZP-C? Also some other Zaino ?s

imported_RedlineIRL
12-16-2007, 02:21 AM
I plan on going the Zaino route, but I need to get rid of some marring first. As far as abrasiveness how does ZPC compare to others, shch as the SSRs, Menzerna, etc.? How well is the ZP-C are removing defects with the PC? Should I look at something else for polishes, or is Zaino picky on what it will polishes it will adhere to?

What else should should I use to get the most shine and durability from the Zaino system? Here`s what I have have in mind so far:

-Wash & clay

-Undecided polish or ZPC

-3 coats of Z5

-Regular washes w/ Z7 and followed w/ Z8

What kind of durability could I expect on a car that sits ouside 24/7 and is daily driven?

imported_JoshVette
12-16-2007, 02:45 AM
Hard to say what you should use as we cannot see the condition of the vehicle.

ZPC is good for a very light cleanser. It is not as strong as Menz IP.....for example if IP would take out 100% then ZPC would take out about 75% of the same thing.

ZPC is a micro diminishing abrasive so the abrasive gets smaller as it breaks down so it`s very same for your car.

With your process and maintance I`d say you`ll see about 6 months durability.

imported_RedlineIRL
12-16-2007, 03:51 AM
Hard to say what you should use as we cannot see the condition of the vehicle.

ZPC is good for a very light cleanser. It is not as strong as Menz IP.....for example if IP would take out 100% then ZPC would take out about 75% of the same thing.

ZPC is a micro diminishing abrasive so the abrasive gets smaller as it breaks down so it`s very same for your car.

With your process and maintance I`d say you`ll see about 6 months durability.

Would you say it`s on the same level as Menzerna final polish or SS1, or is it a little bit stronger than those?

gmblack3
12-16-2007, 04:07 AM
Would you say it`s on the same level as Menzerna final polish or SS1, or is it a little bit stronger than those?

Its a bit stronger then both of those IMO. Pretty much like Josh said 75% of IP.

imported_memnuts
12-16-2007, 07:02 AM
Though ZPC will not remove the same level of defects with the same level of pad aggressiveness, one can be quite successful in near complete blemish elimination by using a more aggressive pad initially and moving down the scale.

This pad aggressiveness variation technique is quite geared for "diminishing abrasive" formulated polishes (i.e. ZPC).

Zaino is not picky about what brand of polish used but Zaino is picky about having any polishing oils removed prior to application. A isopropyl alcohol wipe-down or Z7 or any non-oil/wax containing shampoo wash will alleviate this concern.

Durability determination is quite difficult to estimate because of the many environmental variables involved. It can be safely stated that Zaino will outlast any product / system that you have probably used in the past.

Hope this helps. :wavey

wannafbody
12-16-2007, 04:50 PM
3 coats of Zaino is plenty durable. IMO for a daily driven car durabillity for more than 6 months is somewhat pointless. Not that durability isn`t important since it is an indicator of protection but after 6 month some dirt , tar or bugs have probably stuck to the point that the vehicle needs to be cleaned with at least an AIO.

imported_RedlineIRL
12-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Though ZPC will not remove the same level of defects with the same level of pad aggressiveness, one can be quite successful in near complete blemish elimination by using a more aggressive pad initially and moving down the scale.

This pad aggressiveness variation technique is quite geared for "diminishing abrasive" formulated polishes (i.e. ZPC).

So for ZPC to do corection, would an orange pad be a good starting point? Does ZPC need to be finished off with a finishing polish due to micro marring from the polish, or is it not that agressive? How can I tell when ZPC is read to be removed when using the PC?

Zaino also mentions using water on the pad for more bite. Has anyone dampended their pad with water or a pad conditioner to see if ZPC actually has a little more agressiveness to it?

wannafbody
12-16-2007, 09:52 PM
On some paint an orange pad and ZPC will be fine on darks a pass with a white pad will probably be needed.

imported_memnuts
12-17-2007, 05:04 PM
So for ZPC to do corection, would an orange pad be a good starting point? Does ZPC need to be finished off with a finishing polish due to micro marring from the polish, or is it not that agressive? How can I tell when ZPC is read to be removed when using the PC?

Zaino also mentions using water on the pad for more bite. Has anyone dampended their pad with water or a pad conditioner to see if ZPC actually has a little more agressiveness to it?

Hi Redline,

Always start with the least aggressive pad that will get the job done. For most blemish repair I usually automatically start with a polishing pad. If this pad is not sufficient I move up to a cutting pad. Sorry I can not respond about the color of which pad and it aggressiveness referred to in your question. Maybe someone who uses the brand that you are referring to can chime in. I like Meg pads and I am familiar with their color designations.