PDA

View Full Version : What do you do?

Pages : [1] 2

kittay
12-15-2007, 01:49 AM
What do you do to prevent door dings?

I dread driving my car anywhere, as it feels everytime I come out of the store, I spy a new door ding.

I don`t want to be the jerk who takes up 2 spaces to avoid it. I usually try to park as far away from everyone as possible.

I know my car`s not the nicest, but I put alot of work into restoring it. It just hurts that no one cares or is respectful of other people`s property.

So what do you guys do? Any horror stories?

BigAl3
12-15-2007, 02:01 AM
i usually try to park out further where there aren`t many cars, or park in a spot where there is a curb on one side, and park as close to it as possible (be careful not to curb your rims/wheels) so there is only one side of the car exposed...

It just hurts that no one cares or is respectful of other people`s property.

unfortunately, that`s how some are these days. if it`s not their`s what do they care, right? :down

LanceM
12-15-2007, 02:12 AM
i park as far away as possible. Its good excercise. When I approach my car from the walk, I like to think "doesnt play well with others."

kittay
12-15-2007, 02:14 AM
Yuh.. I agree!

It`s hard for me since I work in a plaza across from a theatre, so Friday nights, the parking lot fills up. With restraunts surrounding the place, what was an empty area soon becomes a flock of cars around mine.

Like the other day, I come out of the store, and find paint chipped off my rear bumper and a handy-capped car parked really close behind me. I didn`t see her do it, but I know she did, since it wasn`t there when I left the house. I tried saying something to the lady and she just started yelling at me and left. I`m so mad!!!! I just repainted the bumper a few months ago :(

imported_DieselMDX
12-15-2007, 02:15 AM
I do all the above

a.k.a. Patrick
12-15-2007, 08:46 AM
What can you do!? You try to be as careful and selectful as possible. Park at a distance, select who you park adjacent to (I try to find a parking area next to another nice car, who isnt suffering "white line fever"). Ive gone as far as jotting down license plates just because im suspicious, thinking "I dont like the way they parked, and if they dont do this (or that) when theyre backing up, theyre going to hit me".

Its mental suicide thinking you can do anything, cuz you really cant. I more or less gave up on society, and am a true believer theres "an idiot in every crowd".

Even if you park in the boony`s they find you! BTDT! (Been there done that)

BigAl3
12-15-2007, 10:20 AM
What can you do!? You try to be as careful and selectful as possible. Park at a distance, select who you park adjacent to (I try to find a parking area next to another nice car, who isnt suffering "white line fever"). Ive gone as far as jotting down license plates just because im suspicious, thinking "I dont like the way they parked, and if they dont do this (or that) when theyre backing up, theyre going to hit me".

Its mental suicide thinking you can do anything, cuz you really cant. I more or less gave up on society, and am a true believer theres "an idiot in every crowd".

Even if you park in the boony`s they find you! BTDT! (Been there done that)

good points patrick. another thing i do is park as dead center in between the lines of the parking spot if i have to park around/near cars...

BlueLibby04
12-15-2007, 11:56 AM
I go the extra mile to get as far away from any car as I can. I try to park where there is only one car beside of me and a curb on the other. Find a nice $$ car to park next to, but that doesnt always mean they will take care of their vehicle.

Do a casual walk around when you get back.

WSUcommuter
12-17-2007, 11:04 AM
I drop off the girlfriend at the entrance, then park in BFE. It also helps to have a friend who is a manager for Dent Wizard:getdown

kompressornsc
12-17-2007, 11:38 AM
I know a lot of people look to see if the car they park next to has dings - wrong area to look! Look to see if the paint is chipped off on the edge of their doors - that`s the key to if they`re dingers or not.

NCZ13
12-17-2007, 12:01 PM
theres a parking spot where i work, where its right where i can see my car from where i am in the store. but whats really nice about is that theres a handicap parking spot on the left, but theres that colored striped divider the size of a full parking spot in b/w the handicapped spot, and where i like to park. this way, i can park closer to the left, without risking anyone being anywhere near me on the right.

Scottwax
12-17-2007, 07:33 PM
Look to see if the paint is chipped off on the edge of their doors - that`s the key to if they`re dingers or not.

I do the same thing.

I also park as far away from other cars as possible.

imported_grease
12-17-2007, 08:11 PM
I used to park as far away from other cars as possible, most times in the back of parking lots.

Until I came out of the local mall one day to find another car parked as close to mine as possible. There was a long thin scratch/chip out of my drivers` door near the bottom.

I got them back somewhat, tho. I let the air completely out of all 4 of their tires. It was raining too. I also went back into the store and bought some extremely thick grease, and generously applied it to door handles, door pulls, gas tank lid, mirrors, etc and just about squeezed a full tube into the cabin air filter.

Now this didnt make up for the scratches and chips I had to repair, but I had no proof that they did it, so what could I do?

I now park near cars and just deal with the consequences. People will go out of their way to mess with people, so Ive just learned to live with it. Its just a car afterall. And if its really special to me, I wont drive it to non-automotive shops and events, malls, etc...

imported_themightytimmah
12-18-2007, 01:29 AM
I also went back into the store and bought some extremely thick grease, and generously applied it to door handles, door pulls, gas tank lid, mirrors, etc and just about squeezed a full tube into the cabin air filter.

Is that how you got your name?:har:

BigAl3
12-18-2007, 01:45 AM
I used to park as far away from other cars as possible, most times in the back of parking lots.

Until I came out of the local mall one day to find another car parked as close to mine as possible. There was a long thin scratch/chip out of my drivers` door near the bottom.

I got them back somewhat, tho. I let the air completely out of all 4 of their tires. It was raining too. I also went back into the store and bought some extremely thick grease, and generously applied it to door handles, door pulls, gas tank lid, mirrors, etc and just about squeezed a full tube into the cabin air filter.

Now this didnt make up for the scratches and chips I had to repair, but I had no proof that they did it, so what could I do?

I now park near cars and just deal with the consequences. People will go out of their way to mess with people, so Ive just learned to live with it. Its just a car afterall. And if its really special to me, I wont drive it to non-automotive shops and events, malls, etc...

you can always print this out and use it as well, LOL... http://images.ebaumsworld.com/images/ticket.gif