PDA

View Full Version : PT cruiser bumpers

ej8tunerman
12-14-2007, 10:15 PM
My sister`s 2001 PT cruiser bumpers are the natural black color, unlike the paint matched bumpers seen on the newer PT cruisers. It seems as if there are tape lines around the bumper where it meets the actually body of the color and it looks as if the tape affected the way the bumpers look. I have seen these on PT cruisers where they become very faded over time just like any abused/untreated trim. I have used many types of dressings and cannot get the bumpers to come back to life. I have come to the conclusion that I will be using Forever Black dye on the bumpers. Has anyone had any experience with this PT cruiser bumpers I speak of? Will I get the results I desire from using this? Thanks in advance!

baseballlover1
12-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Hey, I had one until my mom totaled it last year (thank god for jersey barriers). Anyway, i hadnt detailed that car before we "got rid" of it but maybe an apc with a dressing like Black wow on top of it. It seems everyone loves black wow but its pretty expensive apparently. Im guna be placing an an order this christmas.

todd@bsaw
12-14-2007, 11:14 PM
PT Cruiser = Baby Hearse

Ever since someone gave me that connection it is the first thing I think about every time I see one. Oh, and the bumpers are cheap and the unpainted bumpers are practically impossible to get to look new. Not much usually much you can do besides painting it or buying a new bumper.