PDA

View Full Version : ONR washers....

Envious Eric
12-14-2007, 05:48 PM
for those of you who use ONR and have wash routes one or two days a week, do you carry your own water, or just make sure they have a water spout for you to fill up your 3 gallons or so per car???? i know I can use the same rinse bucket if the previous car is not all that dirty, but the ONR bucket gets refreshed each car...

if you have a water container, what kind and where did you get it from?

Scottwax
12-14-2007, 05:52 PM
I carry 4-5 gallons of water with me. Great use for all my old ONR gallon jugs. :)

Envious Eric
12-14-2007, 06:01 PM
how many cars are you getting with that setup? I might have a connection to cruise through a business area for washes only with about 10 cars...

JBs
12-14-2007, 10:19 PM
I get the distilled water jugs at the store. Easy to carry and you don`t have to worry about water spotting as much

imported_ajbarnes
12-14-2007, 10:40 PM
You can get 6 gallon water containers from pepboys, autozone, etc. You`ll find them right along with the gasoline containers. If I`m using ONR, I bring my own water. From a 6 gallon container, I can usually do about 2-3 washes. Of course that depends on a few factors such as the amount of dirt, size of vehicle, if I accidentally kick the water container over while the cap is off (don`t ask) ;) , etc.

Scottwax
12-15-2007, 12:09 AM
how many cars are you getting with that setup? I might have a connection to cruise through a business area for washes only with about 10 cars...

If the wheels/fenderwells aren`t too dirty, 2-3 gallons of water and ONR would be enough for all cars. I often do 2-3 car bodies (I wash wheels/fenderwells first and dress them so any dressing overspray is washed off when I wash the cars) with about 2 gallons of water/ONR if they aren`t very dirty.

Envious Eric
12-15-2007, 02:35 AM
hmm...i am going through one 3 gal mix per car...no wells either, I usually save those for the end/rinse water since they are the dirtiest...I`ll have to pick up one of those 6 gal containers...