PDA

View Full Version : Need new Worklights

pingable
12-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Recommend me a set.

Anyone using the Coleman or RAB series.

Local supply house carries these 2 in stock.

stiffdogg06
12-14-2007, 12:36 PM
I use the cheap $30 dual 500W ones at Wal-mart.... Been working for over a year for me.

And I then I also use the single 500W for $10 for other uses also where the duals won`t fit.

Paulie Walnuts
12-14-2007, 01:36 PM
I just got an amazing 1500 watt pair at Homedepot. They were a little on the expensive side at $80 with a $40 12 gage cord but man they light up the whole garage and put out some nice heat!!!

They look like one of the Transformers they are so beefy.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
12-14-2007, 01:45 PM
I just got an amazing 1500 watt pair at Homedepot. They were a little on the expensive side at $80 with a $40 12 gage cord but man they light up the whole garage and put out some nice heat!!!

They look like one of the Transformers they are so beefy.

I agree, I got my Husky dual 1000W from HD and the simply rock! They are very beefy and can come off the stand to work as floor halogens, another plus is they extend very tall!!

Paulie Walnuts
12-14-2007, 01:54 PM
I agree, I got my Husky dual 100W from HD and the simply rock! They are very beefy and can come off the stand to work as floor halogens, another plus is they extend very tall!!

Thats another thing I really like about them. I have them right now at my parents house but Im going up to home depot in a bit to look at a heater and I will take a picture of them.

Paulie Walnuts
12-14-2007, 02:03 PM
I agree, I got my Husky dual 100W from HD and the simply rock! They are very beefy and can come off the stand to work as floor halogens, another plus is they extend very tall!!

Thats another thing I really like about them. I have them right now at my parents house but Im going up to home depot in a bit to look at a heater and I will take a picture of them.

pingable
12-14-2007, 03:02 PM
Thx guys.

My last set....tripod was cheap as....

I`ve been contemplating upping it up a but and making a set with some decent Bogen tripods, and some good `old fashioned DIY modification.

Paulie Walnuts
12-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Thx guys.

My last set....tripod was cheap as....

I`ve been contemplating upping it up a but and making a set with some decent Bogen tripods, and some good `old fashioned DIY modification.No problem its my birthday today so I have to go quote a job, head to home depot and then we are either going to dinner or coming back here first. I will get pics up as soon as I can. All I know is I bought the cheap $28 1000 watts from Northern Tools and they lasted about 6 moths. POS!

Paulie Walnuts
12-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Sorry it took so long but it was my 32 birfday and I been on a weekend binder cause Im an alcoholic lol

Here is the set I got and they flipping ROCK!!

http://uploader.ws/upload/200712/Lights.jpg

Paulie Walnuts
12-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Another angle

Here you can see how bright they light up the living room at full 1500 watts

Picture removed by mods for content.