PDA

View Full Version : The wheel brush that makes a difference?

Pages : [1] 2

blownvert
12-13-2007, 04:51 PM
I swear there are so many brushes out there, I can not decide on what to get. I see even powered ones that you hook into a drill, but how could that really get brake dust on if its caked on. Those are expensive also. So what is a good wheel brush. I have looked at all the online sites, each has its own for sale. I want a nice brush.

zaxjax
12-13-2007, 05:01 PM
All depends on the wheel! Use what works for you, and yes a powerball in nice!

blownvert
12-13-2007, 05:07 PM
mothers powerball? Does that clean or just you put the polish on it and then you polish the wheels?

Pats300zx
12-13-2007, 05:24 PM
The EZ Detail brush is a very nice all around wheel brush. Very durable, soft bristles, and it can flex into different positions. It seems to be holding up better than my Meguiars brush. The handle snapped off of that one for me.

mparker30
12-13-2007, 05:47 PM
I have tied the zymol and swissvax brushes and I vote for swissvax. I have went through like 6 zymole brushes and they always crack around the white part that attaches to the hair. My swissvax has been going strong since the summer.They both are very gentle but i need longevity also.

derekbmw
12-13-2007, 05:50 PM
+1 on swissvax brush

jesselyons2002
12-13-2007, 06:21 PM
I swear there are so many brushes out there, I can not decide on what to get. I see even powered ones that you hook into a drill, but how could that really get brake dust on if its caked on. Those are expensive also. So what is a good wheel brush. I have looked at all the online sites, each has its own for sale. I want a nice brush.

Be like me and have 6 brush.

One for lug nut area

One for face on the wheel

One for the sides and back of the spokes

One for the back part of the wheel.

Chris@Optimum
12-13-2007, 07:14 PM
The Laitner Power Brush that TOL sells for use in a drill is very nice. The bristles are very soft and its a huge timesaver.

blownvert
12-13-2007, 07:20 PM
The Laitner Power Brush that TOL sells for use in a drill is very nice. The bristles are very soft and its a huge timesaver.

That looks really nice, its like $35 shipped. Any others like that? I want a place where i can order everything I want from just 1 site. I know that wont happen. Is there a discount code for TOL? Do they sell that brand in stores? Im searching for it cheaper if that is really good to get. It doesnt have a long extension to get really in the wheel`s inside. It says dont exceed 450rpm drill speed, how do you know how fast your going?

Pats300zx
12-13-2007, 07:24 PM
That looks really nice, its like $35 shipped. Any others like that? I want a place where i can order everything I want from just 1 site. I know that wont happen. Is there a discount code for TOL? Do they sell that brand in stores? Im searching for it cheaper if that is really good to get. It doesnt have a long extension to get really in the wheel`s inside. It says dont exceed 450rpm drill speed, how do you know how fast your going?

Try this...

whiteknight (http://www.exceldetail.com/whiteknight.html)

blownvert
12-13-2007, 07:36 PM
i dont really care how long it is, i was just saying, but for $50! It doesnt even have alot of bristles like the power brush.

Pats300zx
12-13-2007, 07:37 PM
i dont really care how long it is, i was just saying, but for $50! It doesnt even have alot of bristles like the power brush.

Trust me...Its a very nice wheel brush. I have been using mine for months and I love it...:xyxthumbs

Spilchy
12-13-2007, 08:04 PM
I don`t use a traditional wheel brush. Just a soft paint brush with the metal taped in black electrical tape. Works fantastic. Soft, effective and gets into every nook and cranny including lug nut crevices.

But for inside wheels I use the EZ Detail brush that Pat mentioned

toml
12-13-2007, 11:31 PM
I don`t use a traditional wheel brush. Just a soft paint brush with the metal taped in black electrical tape. Works fantastic. Soft, effective and gets into every nook and cranny including lug nut crevices.

But for inside wheels I use the EZ Detail brush that Pat mentioned

Seth, I`ve been using the Meguiars Versa-Angle wheel brush for a couple years now, but the paint brush idea intrigues me. Does it end up being too soft? With the Meg`s brush, I can do some scrubbing because it`s such a thick brush.

JohnZ3MC
12-14-2007, 01:39 AM
I`ve been using 1/2 of Spilchy`s formula for quite a while and the results have been stellar.

I use a 2 inch sash brush, it`s the paint brush cut on an angle. Duct tape covers the metal ferrule part.

Like Spilchy says, it`s a winner for the front part of the wheel, the crevices, the bits, the nooks.

The handle and bristles gets through the spokes and does the calipers also.

It`s lousy for the back of the wheel parts, that`s where the EZ Detail brush would come into play.

The sash brushes are incredibly long lasting, soft, and cheap.

-John C.