PDA

View Full Version : Pad question for PC

Elonheater32
12-12-2007, 09:17 PM
I am about to order pads in an hour or so and wanted to make sure I order the right stuff. In the 4" size... I am only going to get 2 yellow CCS cutting pad. I figured that the only reason that I need a 4" pad is to produce a lot of heat and friction to get swirl marks out.

Besides the 4" pad... what other pads to I need???? Do most people apply Zaino by hand or by a buffer???? I know that for the polish and sealant... I will wipe it off with a microfiber. Do most people apply it with an applicator or is it better to use a buffer???

I am just trying to see what pads I need to buy so any help would be greatly appreciated!

zaxjax
12-12-2007, 09:22 PM
I have 5.5" and 6" in orange, white, blue, grey and red! You never know what you may need.

Elonheater32
12-12-2007, 09:27 PM
So should I get the kit then? The kit comes with 6.5" dual action CCS pads ... here is what is in the kit....

ITEMS IN THIS KIT:

1 CCS 6.5 inch Orange Pad

1 CCS 6.5 inch Yellow Pad

1 CCS 6.5 inch White Pad

1 CCS 6.5 inch Gray Pad

1 Dual Action Backing Plate 5"

1 Lambswool Pad

Pair Microfiber Bonnets

Pair Terry Bonnets

1 Cobra Microfiber Detailing Towel, 16 x 16 inches

I am afraid that the 6.5 pads won`t be able to get rid of swirl marks with my PC. Should this be of any concern for me. I will be using 106ff and SIP polishes.

ptaylor_9849
12-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Don`t expect to generate much heat with a yellow foam pad. The yellow pad has a VERY OPEN cell structure that doesn`t seem to generate heat like the orange pad does. If it`s heat/breakdown your after then get orange not yellow.

Patrick

howareb
12-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Zaino (Z2 and Z5) is usually done by hand.

Elonheater32
12-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Thanks for telling me that Zaino is usually done by hand. That helps a lot!

So I should get the kit and then get an orange pad??? Should I even bother with the kit.

The reason I am asking is because it seems like I only need a orange and yellow pad.... since the sealant will be applied by hand.

Can anyone shed some light on this????

howareb
12-12-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks for telling me that Zaino is usually done by hand. That helps a lot!

So I should get the kit and then get an orange pad??? Should I even bother with the kit.

The reason I am asking is because it seems like I only need a orange and yellow pad.... since the sealant will be applied by hand.

Can anyone shed some light on this????

Get the kit!! You will need the orange, white, and yellow pads at minimum. Might as well get the kit so that you have what you need. Better to have and not need then to need and not have.

bill57
12-13-2007, 12:50 AM
I agree with the above post. But at a minimum, get an orange and a couple whites. You might end up going to another product and you`d just want to change a pad instead of stopping and cleaning the one pad.

8Banger
12-13-2007, 01:05 AM
Get the kit!! You will need the orang white and yellow pads at minimum. Might as well get the kit so that you have what you need. Better to have and not need then to need and not have.

just like a condom :)

i have an orange, white and grey pad - they`re all 6.5 inch and they work pretty good

i`m thinking about investing in some 4 - 5.5 inch pads for the tighter areas

i`d get the kit if i was you

widyhs
12-13-2007, 01:47 AM
If you plan to do some paint correction, get at least orange, green and white in 6.5 or the smaller pad for more control. Get the black or red for glazing/finishing. Most of the sealants and waxes can be applied by hand.