PDA

View Full Version : Onr Vs Qew

blownvert
12-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Which one is better in your opinion? I have tried the qew and finally figured out what onr meant. Optimum no rinse. Now it is winter, I want to totally wash, clash and buff my car in the garage. This a good idea with no hose? Actually I guess it wouldnt because i would need a hose for water to use dawn to strip off the wax. Well anyways who has tried both and which one is better?

Evenflow
12-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Which one is better in your opinion? I have tried the qew and finally figured out what onr meant. Optimum no rinse. Now it is winter, I want to totally wash, clash and buff my car in the garage. This a good idea with no hose? Actually I guess it wouldnt because i would need a hose for water to use dawn to strip off the wax. Well anyways who has tried both and which one is better?

Haha your so funny with all these posts. Didn`t you see my post about washing my car with ONR I used pics check it out bro!

blownvert
12-12-2007, 08:30 AM
lol bumppp

Scottwax
12-12-2007, 09:28 AM
I used QEW for 12 years, haven`t used it since ONR came out (except on wheels to use it up). I can get both locally, so it isn`t a case of paying shipping on one or the other. ONR leaves the paint slicker and with more gloss, although both seem to clean equally well.

Brian_Brice
12-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Very similar, wouldn`t matter which you went with you`d get the same results imo.

imported_weekendwarrior
12-12-2007, 10:04 AM
If you are the type person that uses a QD after each wash, the added slickness left over from the ONR shouldn`t really matter. Both work really well.

Scottwax
12-12-2007, 12:31 PM
If you are the type person that uses a QD after each wash, the added slickness left over from the ONR shouldn`t really matter. Both work really well.

For me, the added slickness saves me a step. :2thumbs:

zaxjax
12-12-2007, 07:57 PM
I haven`t tried QEW but ONR works great for me! It has been a rainy and cold winter so far.

MattPersman
12-12-2007, 09:18 PM
ONR with GS is incredible in the garage all year round

purplenurple
12-12-2007, 11:06 PM
ONR with GS is incredible in the garage all year round

No huge mess from the GS dripping everywhere?

Raz5219
12-13-2007, 02:48 PM

Nope, not for me. It leaves a minimal amount of water on the floor. The most dripping occurs when you do the wheels, but even that can be minimized by squeezing more water out of the GS before wiping the wheels.

MBurnickas
12-13-2007, 02:57 PM
I use QEW specifically because it doesn`t leave the surface as slick as ONR. If your just washing, maybe ONR would be best, but if your using a sealant after, you might want the squeeky fresh QEW.

MattPersman
12-13-2007, 08:07 PM

No I have not had a problem, I get a little water on the floor but I can not imagine any media not getting water on the floor :Geezx

imported_hockeyplaya13
12-13-2007, 10:24 PM
You don`t have to use Dawn to strip the wax if you are going to clay and polish it and all. The polish will remove it. If you aren`t going to polish it, you can ONR it and do a 50:50 wipedown w/water and ISA (rubbing alcohol).

Scottwax
12-13-2007, 10:46 PM
I use QEW specifically because it doesn`t leave the surface as slick as ONR. If your just washing, maybe ONR would be best, but if your using a sealant after, you might want the squeeky fresh QEW.

QEW does contain a small amount of carnauba, according to Protect-All. ONR is carnauba free.