PDA

View Full Version : Z5 and water spots?

imported_RedlineIRL
12-11-2007, 06:49 PM
I`ve search some threads, and some have said they have experienced water spotting with Z5. Is this very common with vehicles using it? Does Z5 not provide the same sort of protection as other sealants or waxes? Could the protection be achieved by using a synthetic type sealant first before applying Z5?

imported_DieselMDX
12-11-2007, 06:54 PM
i have had water spot problems but a quick hit with z6 and they are gone.

Old Pirate
12-11-2007, 06:55 PM
I haven`t have this problem yet. Maybe someone has had it happen to them.

Macruz19
12-11-2007, 07:35 PM
From my experience I would get water spots on my roof, trunk, and sometimes hood.

Damn heat in FL will cause this after a short thunderstorm. You have to either wash, or dry the water spots before they dry. When it does dry, I either clay of bust the PC out when regular washing can`t remove them.

Nothing will stop hard waterspots, I try to park the car in garage at all times.

Zaino, has stopped "most" of my water spot issues, but can`t stop the water from drying too fast when it`s exposed to Florida sun. Makes me tired of doing this by prepping...

wannafbody
12-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Duragloss water spot remover works well too.

Setec Astronomy
12-12-2007, 12:19 AM
The problem is that Zaino beads so well the beads stand up tall and have a lot of water in them. Under the right circumstances, they will dry where they are and leave spots.

ron231
12-12-2007, 02:56 AM
The problem is that Zaino beads so well the beads stand up tall and have a lot of water in them. Under the right circumstances, they will dry where they are and leave spots.

Well of course, Zaino`s only downside is that it is TOO good...

;)

imported_DieselMDX
12-12-2007, 03:03 AM

very good point