PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions for motorcycle detailing products

Pages : 1 [2]

nuff
05-29-2008, 04:17 AM
Broken tooth? Was it used for stunting? a lot of F4Is are. I would replace it as soon as possible. On bikes it`s a safety issue. The white grease isn`t lithium, it`s wax. I don`t like it personally, it doesn`t lube very well. But some people do since it has less fling. I`ve heard about Dupont and it`s another good choice. Also make sure that your chain has the right slack, it shouldn`t be too loose or too tight. You service manual should tell you the recommended range.

RogueM3
05-29-2008, 06:55 AM
Broken tooth? Was it used for stunting? a lot of F4Is are. I would replace it as soon as possible. On bikes it`s a safety issue. The white grease isn`t lithium, it`s wax. I don`t like it personally, it doesn`t lube very well. But some people do since it has less fling. I`ve heard about Dupont and it`s another good choice. Also make sure that your chain has the right slack, it shouldn`t be too loose or too tight. You service manual should tell you the recommended range.

No, it wasnt used for stunting, but it was someone`s track bike for a bit..I assume the broken tooth is from quite a few hard track miles.

The drive chain tensioner in the back says the chain is still good, but while replacing the sprockets it only makes sense to change the chain as well.

I thought I might clean off the wax after install and run the Dupont lube instead. Yes, I dont want fling, but will tolerate some if it keeps the chain in better shape. Apparently the Dupont dries very quickly and leaves behind some awesome protection.

laserracer
11-16-2008, 06:47 PM
I have been a mobile car and bike detaler here in new zealand for the last 10 years , ive tried a lot of products and have found that the ...wicked products range ...of polishes to be first class. They do exactly what they say they do, of course this is only my personal opinion...but nobody is endorsing me to say it..as far as im concerned

i will keep using this brilliant product

cheers DAVE

Eisen Hulk
11-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Quick question, fellows. I`ll be doing my first moto detail soon, (100th Anniversary HD) and I was wondering what you`d use to protect the chrome. The owner is getting very, very fine surface rust from leaving it in the garage.

Any idea?

REVNU
11-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Quick question, fellows. I`ll be doing my first moto detail soon, (100th Anniversary HD) and I was wondering what you`d use to protect the chrome. The owner is getting very, very fine surface rust from leaving it in the garage.

Any idea?

Try some Collinite #850 Metal Cleaner Wax. I`ve had good luck with it on my Polished SS exhaust tips and I`ve used it on some chrome wheels with good results. Did a good job taking off surface rust and also protects.

Dan
11-25-2008, 03:01 PM
For the bugs, a wet towel sitting on the panel for 15 to 20 minutes works better than any chemical cleaner. Kerosene is great for chain cleaning. I personally skip the chain wax and just gear oil, it attracts less dirt and is easier to clean.

Congrats on the new bike, remember to always look where you want to go, don`t target fixate!

Eisen Hulk
12-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Excellent!!! Thanks, chief. I appreciate the feedback.

Try some Collinite #850 Metal Cleaner Wax. I`ve had good luck with it on my Polished SS exhaust tips and I`ve used it on some chrome wheels with good results. Did a good job taking off surface rust and also protects.

jaidedeye
12-25-2008, 07:26 PM
a product called pig spit...works great on black wrinkle finish keeps it looking new. also great for controlling corrosion on engine accessories

DetailChicago
04-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Serious Shine by Shurhold Industries. Hands down the best for what your looking to do.

ianitrix
05-15-2009, 01:05 PM
What do you guys use to get scratches in chrome...

Vanilla
05-19-2009, 09:27 PM
What do you guys use to get scratches in chrome...

Sandpaper, rocks, keys, screwdrivers, .... sorry, couldn`t resist. :rofl

I`ve never had any luck removing scratches from chrome.

DisasterXJ
05-24-2009, 09:42 PM
:rolleyes:

I also throw my vote out for wixed wax, it is sold at Peterbuilt truck dealerships if you don`t feel like getting offline(others may also sell), but works great on chrome and polished aluminum, I pay $9 for a 32oz bottle, best bang for buck and I think it puts some of the mothers products to shame

Showroom Shine
05-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Dri Wash n Guard Waterless products are Great for motorcycles. My goto products for Bike Details.