PDA

View Full Version : How Often Are U Guys Polishing?glaze Instead?

trhland
12-11-2007, 06:10 AM
i heard that the p/c and a polish really doesnt remove much clear. but in my opinion if im polishing twice a year i have to be removing something. so should i start useing a glaze? 3m imperiel glaze? just so i dont keep removing clear?[/COLOR][/B]

jshillin
12-11-2007, 06:35 AM
I usually do a good polish in the spring and maintain the rest of the year... If you use good wash techniques you should be fine with that. If it starts to swirl a bit just use a nice glaze and some carnauba.

Accumulator
12-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Yeah, IMO the ultimate answer is to not mar it during the wash, but that`s easier said than done.

While you work towards marring-free washes (and it does take some experimenting and practice!) the glaze, under a heavy carnauba like Collinite, can be a good stop-gap measure. I bet there are some better glazes than the 3M on the market these days, but I don`t really know what to recommend.

jshillin
12-11-2007, 01:44 PM
DWG does some filling, looks great, and you can top it with anything. Menzerna Glaze fills a lot, but I don`t like the look as well as DWG.

Envious Eric
12-11-2007, 03:35 PM
polish twice a year, glaze once...every 4 months it gets done.....

Invigor
12-11-2007, 04:47 PM
I have yet to polish my 06 Jetta with a physically abrasive polish. I use Klasse AIO, SG, and a carnauba religiously though. Usually do tar/sap removal, clay, AIO, SG 2x a year, and wax every 2 months. To top it off, the car`s silver, so it hides a lot just on its own.

SVR
12-11-2007, 08:09 PM
The best glazes I`ve come across are Prima Amigo, Permagard and Glare

I no longer use abrasives on my car, my preference now since it`s 10 years old is to use the permagard on one side and glare on the other and after each wash or two, apply aussie gold QD by orbital with microfibre bonnet

That fills in any new marring and swirls (don`t get much at all) and I apply a coat of sealer to lock in the fillers.

I`ve machine cut the car three times so that`s enough. My goal is to never repaint it so long time fillers is my preference.