PDA

View Full Version : Should I ONR with this?

purplenurple
12-10-2007, 04:48 PM
I was desperate for a new OTC ONR wash media, so I went to taget and got a Vroom wash mitt. I got this because I didnt want to mess up my nice, fluffy MFs and dont feel safe using the costco MFs. This mitt is ornage and is foam on the inside with MF on the outside. It pretty much looks like a MF wrapped around 2 foam pieces. WOuld I be safe using this without inducing marring? Anyone have experience with this mitt, or should I not risk it and get something from a more high end manufacturer? THe nap on it is pretty long, similar to my Deluxe CG towels.

Its like this one, but orange Vroom brand- Excel Microfiber Mitt II (http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=65255&pd=288703)

Thanks.

mikebai1990
12-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Dunno if your Target sells it, but the blue micro-chenille mitts are much plusher and work fairly well with ONR. Otherwise you could consider Walmart`s Eurow mitts. I`d be slightly worried about the MF, because it usually doesn`t dislodge dirt easily, and because the nap isn`t too large.

purplenurple
12-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Dunno if your Target sells it, but the blue micro-chenille mitts are much plusher and work fairly well with ONR. Otherwise you could consider Walmart`s Eurow mitts. I`d be slightly worried about the MF, because it usually doesn`t dislodge dirt easily, and because the nap isn`t too large.

Yea, I saw the blue one, but I some people say that it holds TOO much solution and that it sheds like crazy. I thought that the MF would be OK, since most people on here use mf towels for ONR.

uzj100
12-10-2007, 04:59 PM
While you were on Patrick`s site, you could`ve linked to his ONR washing tips

NRWStechnique (http://www.exceldetail.com/NRWStechnique.html)

Enjoy!

HTH

MattPersman
12-10-2007, 09:47 PM
I was desperate for a new OTC ONR wash media

Thanks.

dooood you could have gotta a GS from Home Depot :2thumbs:

howareb
12-10-2007, 11:20 PM

Matt,

Stop it, befor we end up with another grout sponge thread that never dies. :heelclick

jesselyons2002
12-11-2007, 02:29 AM
I use the Orange Vroom chenille mitt from target actually three of them.

purplenurple
12-11-2007, 07:01 PM
I use the Orange Vroom chenille mitt from target actually three of them.

Hmm...so is that the same one I use?

The one that just looks like a MF towel or the one that looks like Rasta-mon hair?

toml
12-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Matt,

Stop it, befor we end up with another grout sponge thread that never dies. :heelclick

+1 for a grout sponge from Home Depot. It has worked well for me with ONR.

blownvert
12-11-2007, 11:24 PM

whats a gs?

purplenurple
12-12-2007, 03:17 PM
+1 for a grout sponge from Home Depot. It has worked well for me with ONR.

I just got a QEP GS from home depot. Im a bit scared to use it.

chml17l
12-12-2007, 05:37 PM
gs=grout sponge

jesselyons2002
12-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Hmm...so is that the same one I use?

The one that just looks like a MF towel or the one that looks like Rasta-mon hair?

Yes the one with dreads.

purplenurple
12-12-2007, 08:55 PM
I guess I might try it. I just uset a Grout sponge with ONR on my dad`s S600. The paint has never been polished (waiting for some time to do it) and the paint is damn hard. I didnt notice aditional marring, but it sucked in soo much of the 2 gallon ONR solution that I almost didnt have enough to do the whole car, the GS was dripping all over the garage, and it turned black on me.

I think that I wanna find something that lets me ONR without all these negatives.