PDA

View Full Version : Buying A Bunch of Products...Thoughts?

DirtySouth
12-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Hey Everybody, been reading on here for quite a while and I`ve learned alot, but I`d like second opinion on my plan below. I`ve got $300 to spend on polishes, pads, a few MF`s and maybe some wax. Already have a PC. I`ve been using mostly Meg`s products for a while (NXT, clay, Quick-detailer...etc) Overall, I`ve been very happy with them, but I need to branch out. Here is what I`ve got so far. I really like what I`ve seen and read about Menzerna so I`m going to go with their polishes up front. I`d also like to try AIO with a wax to top it that has longevity.

- LCS Orange (x2)

- LCS White (x2)

- LCS Black (x2)

- Backing Plate

- Menzerna IP

- Menzerna FPII

- Grit guard (x2)

- A bunch of foam & mf applicators

- Klasse AIO

- Colinite 845

- Meg`s APC (gallon)

- 1Z Glanz Wax (Tried a sample of this and liked it...I hear it looks great on metallics)

I`ll be getting a few other odds & ends, but this is the bulk of the stuff. If you want more details on why I chose these, holla at me. Thanks!!

danponjican
12-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Go with Menzerna SIP and 106ff rather than IP and FPII.

BlackElantraGT
12-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Sounds like you got a pretty nice order there.

Here are my thoughts:

1) I`m not sure if you already have extra pads, but I`d get 1 LC CCS yellow pad in case you do need something more aggressive than the orange.

2) Depending on your preference, you can get by with 1 grit guard. I originally bought 2 grit guards to use in my 2 bucket wash method. I do not like wasting water and soap, so when I wash the most solution I will mix in my 5 gallon bucket is 1.5-3 gallon. The problem with using the GG in the soap bucket is that it sits higher in the bucket than I`d like, which means to use it in my soap bucket, I`d have to use more soap and water than I need. So whenever I do my 2 bucket wash now, both of my GG sits in the rinse bucket. I actually prefer 2 in the rinse bucket as I don`t have to dunk my hand as far in the bucket to agitate my mitt or sponge.

DirtySouth
12-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far.

Go with Menzerna SIP and 106ff rather than IP and FPII.

Any particular reason for the preference?

jshillin
12-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the feedback so far.

Any particular reason for the preference?

Much better all around polishes. SIP cuts more than IP and finishes down nicer and 106FF compliments SIP very well...

DirtySouth
12-10-2007, 10:45 PM
I was also thinking about getting some P21S wheel cleaner since I`ve read alot of good things about it. I`m trying to get a rounded set of products to try. Does anyone have any other suggestions and still stay under $300?

Rob Tomlin
12-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Much better all around polishes. SIP cuts more than IP and finishes down nicer and 106FF compliments SIP very well...

:werd:

imported_DJ Mayo
12-11-2007, 12:14 AM
yea go SIP and 106FF. If your looking for a nice AIO, try OPS.