PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Products/order on Honda/Acura Nighthawk Black

Bullpup
12-10-2007, 01:14 AM
Hi, I`m new to the forum, and car detailing in general. I have been reading up on my products and techniques for several days straight now in preparation for the arrival of my PC 7424.

I would like to know what your personal preference of products for the Honda/Acura Nighthawk Black Pearl paint would be? What would you guys use, and in what order, for an absolutely stunning black finish?

I was thinking about ordering and using in this order:

Menzerna FPII Micro Polish to use with Lake Country CCS 6.5" white pad (fairly new car with only light swirls)

Clear Kote Red Moose Glaze with LC Black pad

Clear Kote Carnauba Moose Wax (should I use it with the LC ultrasoft red pad or by hand?)

Also can you layer the CK CMW? I`m not sure if you can layer liquid carnauba`s, or if I should just purchase some Pinn. Sov. paste wax maybe.

I would really like to know exactly what you guys would do in this situation however, so please let me know, and sorry about such a long post!

ron231
12-10-2007, 02:03 AM
While I really like clearkote, carnauba moose wax is in my testing a waste of time.

It is extremely easy to use, in fact, its totally idiot proof. If you have trouble applying or removing CMW, put down the applicator and step away from the vehicle.

The downside? First off, it`s look is abut average. It looks good, as will anything over proper prep however this is not its main downfall.

It`s biggest downfall is durability. I have never gotten more than a week out of it and when I used it on my own black sar, I got LESS than a week out of 2 coats of CMW over prepped paint. Less than a week because it rained twice in that week.

First rain, th beading was less than average, but second rain, it was as if my car had NOTHING on it, the water just sat there it was terrible. I thought that prepped paint alone would bead for longer than that, apparantly not because I washed, clayed, 106ff via edge 2000 blue pad, clearkote YCW (everett recommends this), then CMW x2.

To sum up, over prepped paint, I would go with victiroa concours red wax, or collinite 845 or 915 over CMW. But remember, if you get your prep down ANYTHING will look good!!

imported_DieselMDX
12-10-2007, 02:08 AM
depends on your goals, IE durability,shine,look

alot of things come into play when choosing a lsp

My go to are zaino/souveran/swissvax

steelwind101
12-10-2007, 06:46 AM
I like the Clearkote products too.

With regard CMW, beads nice for about 2 weeks, then it seems to bead badly like there is little surface tention. There is often a lot of sheeting though, however i picked some up in the USA this summer and applied when i got back in September and i only just removed it from one of the cars just before the start of decemeber.

Every wash it seemed like it was dead, but it passed the squeek test time after time. Looks had diminished but it wasnt all that bad.

Geoff

Bullpup
12-10-2007, 08:28 AM
Wow thanks for all the replies in such short time! well what it seems like is the case here is that the CMW has poor durability, and wont stand up to rain well. Correct me if that is wrong.

I currently have Zaino Z-2 and Z-CS. How well would this combo work on freshly polished paint?

Z2 -> maybe another layer of z2 -> Red moose wax -> CMW ->ZCS

is it allright to layer liquid carnauba on top of sealants and glazes? or will the high levels of solvent negate the bottom layers. Also, am I correct in saying that ZCS is one of the few sealants which can be applied on top of carnauba`s?

imported_Bence
12-10-2007, 10:07 AM
I love OPS/OOS on Nighthawk Black.

dmcphee07SI
12-10-2007, 04:48 PM
i have had good results using OC/OP and then RMG topped with Natty`s Blue. I was thinking about getting some CMW because some members on this site really promote it for this colour. I will likely get some this summer to try and make some pink moose to use before it. Natty`s beads well for me and looks good for a couple of months. There are some really good C/B`s on the site with cars with this colour, just look around and see what you like. I have used the Klasse twins as well and it looked very good with extreme gloss but wasn;t really the look i was going for, alot of people noticed the blue flake after the RMG/Natty`s blue combo, Hope this helps

steelwind101
12-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Wow thanks for all the replies in such short time! well what it seems like is the case here is that the CMW has poor durability, and wont stand up to rain well. Correct me if that is wrong.

I currently have Zaino Z-2 and Z-CS. How well would this combo work on freshly polished paint?

Z2 -> maybe another layer of z2 -> Red moose wax -> CMW ->ZCS

is it allright to layer liquid carnauba on top of sealants and glazes? or will the high levels of solvent negate the bottom layers. Also, am I correct in saying that ZCS is one of the few sealants which can be applied on top of carnauba`s?

Z2>ZCS fine.

The only glazes you can use with Zaino would be those that are polymer based not OIL. So you would need to swap RMG for CG EZ GLAZE or Primas glaze.

There is no point topping Zaino except with Zaino. You see every product that you layer should complement the on before it. CMW will dimish or change the looks of Z2 until its pointless laying down the Z2.

IMO its all Zaino or its all product X.

What products fo you acutally own?

Geoff

imported_DieselMDX
12-10-2007, 11:33 PM
imo only thing i would top zanio with is Z8 best stuff on the planet no need for a nuba when using Z8

imported_DJ Mayo
12-11-2007, 12:16 AM
OPS then topped with #26 on Acura/Honda HNBP looks soooo good to me. Even though #26 is an OTC product, you can buy alot for a good price and it works awesome.