PDA

View Full Version : How do I clean my PC Carpet/Leather brush?

danforz
12-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Curious how you guys care for these. Obviously can`t throw them in the washer with everything else...

Chris@Optimum
12-09-2007, 02:10 AM
I just rinse with soap and water after each use, they ain`t delicate and don`t absorb.

danforz
12-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Even the feather tipped leather ones?

Chris@Optimum
12-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Even the feather tipped leather ones?

I have had mine fo ra while and have seen no visable wear. They still have the same feathering as when I first got them. They didn`t come with care instuctions but they are just nylon brushes. And the leather ones are just softer with frayed ends (nothing special). I really don`t see how dish soap and warm water could hurt them:think2 . And the only reason I rinse them at all is to not let any crud on them. And BTW I use a leather cleaner/conditioner in just one step with my leather brush, let soak for 2-3 min, them wipe off excess and I honesty have never seen leather look so well preserved. I am very impressed with the results and time saving from using these. Thanks to Irene @ TOL for recommending them.:xyxthumbs

danforz
12-09-2007, 04:45 PM
I have had mine fo ra while and have seen no visable wear. They still have the same feathering as when I first got them. They didn`t come with care instuctions but they are just nylon brushes. And the leather ones are just softer with frayed ends (nothing special). I really don`t see how dish soap and warm water could hurt them:think2 . And the only reason I rinse them at all is to not let any crud on them. And BTW I use a leather cleaner/conditioner in just one step with my leather brush, let soak for 2-3 min, them wipe off excess and I honesty have never seen leather look so well preserved. I am very impressed with the results and time saving from using these. Thanks to Irene @ TOL for recommending them.:xyxthumbs

Could you go into detail about what products and the procedure with which your doing the 2 in 1 leather care?

jesselyons2002
12-09-2007, 05:14 PM
I myself throw them into my bucket of apc for a day or two and then wash it out with a nylon brush to brush out all the hard under hot water.

Chris@Optimum
12-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Could you go into detail about what products and the procedure with which your doing the 2 in 1 leather care?

NP I use Ardex Leather Perfect (cleans/conditions in one step), mist product on all leather surfaces, go back to first seat with PC and leather brush, make light contact (no added pressure) turn on PC @ 3, work all the seams first, then two passes over each section of the seat, even armrest grime disappears pretty fast, do not wipe down-allow product to continue to work. when finished with all other interior tasks, just buff any excess off. I have done some very dirty seats with NP but I have heard you need to stay away from deep cracks with the PC (not creases but actual cracks like where you can see foam and backing)

Let me know what you think!:2thumbs:

danforz
12-10-2007, 11:26 PM
Interesting procedure. I`ve heard CG SMART Leather Conditioner has cleaners in it too. Maybe I`ll try it with that.