PDA

View Full Version : Griots Long Reach Wheel Scrubber Brushes

pingable
12-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Anyone using the Griots Wheel Scrubber Brushes ?

I need to add more tools to more wheel cleaning stash....but they must be soft if not CC worthy.

Is the texture of the sponge same/similar to the bathroom/kitchen sponges variant.

I like the fact that it`s got a decent size reach to it.

pingable
01-07-2008, 08:15 AM
TTT. Ordering from Griots this afternoon....

ZaneO
01-07-2008, 12:04 PM
I haven`t used the one from Griot`s, but I have one that looks similar. I don`t really care for it, and I would not consider it clearcoat safe.

Griot`s version may be different though. Nice thing about Griot`s, if you aren`t satisfied with it, you can always send it back to them.

Accumulator
01-07-2008, 12:11 PM
I haven`t used the one from Griot`s, but I have one that looks similar. I don`t really care for it, and I would not consider it clearcoat safe...Griot`s version may be different though...

I`ve been wondering about those things too...I guess I could use them on the wheels that aren`t all that nice on their backsides :think:

Nice thing about Griot`s, if you aren`t satisfied with it, you can always send it back to them.

Heh heh, just don`t send back a few hundred bucks worth of stuff the way I did if you want to keep getting those catalogs ;)

gmblack3
01-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Is that the key to stop the catalogs? :)

Accumulator
01-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Is that the key to stop the catalogs? :)

Heh heh, apparently so! Just send back a few hundred bucks worth of stuff along with detailed documentation about why you`re dissatisfied with it. The catalogs quit coming just like magic :D Takes a monumental effort to get `em resumed too. Yeah, I know, I didn`t think I`d ever care if they came again either :o

pingable
01-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Well....the baby bottle brush I picked up in Babys R Us is similar looks similar but the foam is very soft . I guess I`ll just order a set.

Between ordering and not liking the product and shipping it back...it would have cost the brush itself.

I`m ordering their short cut 4 finder sheepskin mitt. That may be interesting....or the fact that sheepskin always has a soft spot for my choice of wash media on wheels in general.

Accumulator
01-07-2008, 01:19 PM
I`m ordering their short cut 4 finder sheepskin mitt. That may be interesting....or the fact that sheepskin always has a soft spot for my choice of wash media on wheels in general.

I ordered one of those on a whim, thinking I was gonna :rolleyes: :o about wasting the money...surprise surprise I really like it! It works great for doing the back side of wheel spokes.

PWORLDSTANG
01-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Well....the baby bottle brush I picked up in Babys R Us is similar looks similar but the foam is very soft . I guess I`ll just order a set.

Between ordering and not liking the product and shipping it back...it would have cost the brush itself.

Griot`s gave me a coupon with the last order I made. If you didn`t already order yet, use code 15DW8 for 15% off. And that code is good until January 25th for you or anyone else who wants to use it.

pingable
01-11-2008, 12:45 PM
My order came in last night.

For those interested...the brushes are not soft foam in which I thought it would be.

It`s more closer to the *scrub sponge* material that you find on a dishwashing sponge - or similar to a epoxy grout sponge. Definitely nowhere soft at all.....

Accumulator
01-11-2008, 12:57 PM
chefwong- Thanks for posting that, it`s what I`d feared.

moosestrom
01-11-2008, 01:41 PM
I have been using them for some time with no negative results. I only use them on the inside surface of the wheel. The finish in there is generally less than perfect anyway. They do a nice job of getting to the back of the wheel and between the wheel and the brake caliper.

pt91
01-11-2008, 02:15 PM
I ordered one of those on a whim, thinking I was gonna :rolleyes: :o about wasting the money...surprise surprise I really like it! It works great for doing the back side of wheel spokes.

those simple wheel mitts are my favorite Griot`s product. i buy a few at a time.

pt91
01-11-2008, 02:17 PM
I have been using them for some time with no negative results. I only use them on the inside surface of the wheel. The finish in there is generally less than perfect anyway. They do a nice job of getting to the back of the wheel and between the wheel and the brake caliper.

if these are the white scrubbers on the black handle, i also use those on inner wheels only and they work nicely depending on the wheel design. never tried them on a wheel face.