PDA

View Full Version : Orange RainX windshield solvent used as a QD

imported_Larry A
12-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Has anybody heard about RainX orange windshield solvent used as a QD. Were I read it , it said to mix a little liquid wax in it. I washed my car this mornivng, and then went shopping. When I got home the bottom of the car was splashed up,so I wet a towel with the orange solvent and wiped off the splash marks and it seemed to work well. I didnt mix any wax with it , and im concerned about the high alcohol content, that may remove some of the wax. Maybe I should mix water with it . I will have to experement with it.

BigJimZ28
12-08-2007, 03:53 PM
why did you think this was a good idea?

1.) there is nothing into to lube(privent swirls & scratches)

2.) the alcohol WILL remove some if not all the wax

3.) there are a lot of people here that would not even use that stuff on the windshield

let alone there paint as a QD

imported_Larry A
12-08-2007, 05:21 PM
#1 silicone, #2 maybe, #3 This is Chicagoland, windsheild washers are needed, and so is windsheild solvent. Silicone and alcohol are in many qds. This is a article that I have read, and Im just asking if anybody else read it or tried it. I tried it on a few water splashed spots on my car, and for that it worked well . I have not used it on a whole car.

pogo123
12-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Why not just use a QD?

BlueLibby04
12-08-2007, 06:32 PM
I only use my Rain-x washer fluid when its raining so it is diluted.

Using it on the paint will remove all the wax and do nothing buy harm the paint.

wannafbody
12-08-2007, 08:23 PM
I`d check an MSDS sheet and see what was actually in it before trying it on my car. Glass is a bit thicker and harder than clearcoat.