PDA

View Full Version : Soft Honda paint ?!?

imported_Stonecipher
12-07-2007, 01:48 PM
What should I be doing to clean up swirls on Nighthawk Black Honda paint? I started out on the hood with UDM / white pad / OP and it did take off the holograms fairly quickly and the swirls weren`t too bad. On the fender and drivers door so far, the OP was much slower. I went to an orange pad with OP, didn`t seem to do much better.

Tried orange pad with OC, and it seems to be getting about 85 - 90% of swirls in the first pass or two. I am mostly afraid of taking off too much paint, also being a noob just nervous in general having no reference for how long it should be taking. I`m also touching up some chips, and am concerned about removing the 2000 grit marks when I get to that. I have a yellow pad, again just worried about the paint.

The Optimum works very long and doesn`t seem to get very `clear` so am having probs determining when it breaks down

The car was abused at two different CarMaxs before I bought it :shocked and there is one spot on the car where I think they may of gotten thru the clearcoat, just not sure. I`m having a terrible time getting good pics in my garage and it`s dark when I get home.

Scott