PDA

View Full Version : ?`s for black daily drivers in the winter

Pages : [1] 2

3wide
12-07-2007, 01:40 PM
what do you guys use to brush the snow of off your black cars in the winter?? oh ya without swirling the crap out of it. i use the brush on my ice scraper for my white car, i don`t think i`d be happy with the results if i did that to my black car.:help:

did i ever tell you i hate winter!!!!!!!:grrr

BlueZero
12-07-2007, 01:49 PM
I try to not let the brush touch the paint. Try to leave just a dusting of snow. Sometimes with the sticky snow it all just slides off, that`s not good if there`s grit under it. I try to keep it as clean as I can to prevent this. I really don`t think there`s a perfect way. Winter sucks!

Also I use a Meguiar`s car wash brush to remove snow once and a while, figure it`s softer than those nasty ice scraper ones.

ruttrow
12-07-2007, 01:51 PM
what do you guys use to brush the snow of off your black cars in the winter?? oh ya without swirling the crap out of it. i use the brush on my ice scraper for my white car, i don`t think i`d be happy with the results if i did that to my black car.:help:

did i ever tell you i hate winter!!!!!!!:grrr

Same issue here with the black daily driver. I have a soft snow brush that I use and I do NOT go all the way to the paint when brushing. I use it to get the bulk off. Whatever is left blows off or melts in the garage.

BigJimZ28
12-07-2007, 01:51 PM
snow broom:

Amazon.com: sno broom (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=blended&field-keywords=sno%20broom&results-process=default&dispatch=search/ref=pd_sl_aw_tops-1_blended_29113865_1&results-process=default)

3wide
12-07-2007, 02:36 PM
thanks for the replys! i`m going to have to do some searching around for a softer brush that will minimize marring. i agree, how you use it, is most important. luckly i can keep that car in the garage till christmas, but i`ll have to have something by then. this chistmas is going to suck, i`ll be putting about 1000 miles on traveling.:down

:usa

JBs
12-07-2007, 05:24 PM
shovel....

;)

SpoiledMan
12-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Did you say snow? It better not snow on my black car!:D

BlueZero
12-07-2007, 05:44 PM
shovel.... ;)

I used to work for a construction company and that`s what the guys used on the company trucks. Not even a plastic ones, we`re talking metal here.

Pats300zx
12-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Snow Brum for me. Very happy with it. :)

ZeroDfx
12-07-2007, 05:56 PM
I moved to a sunny climate. :chuckle:

Saintlysins
12-07-2007, 06:00 PM
I use one of those `long handled` wash brushes where the end-of-bristle has been softened (kind of looks like split-ends). It`s the same one you can attach the hose to the handle end to use as you rinse. Although it won`t be perfect, it`s a lot better/softer than any snow-brush.

If it`s just a dusting or that light-powder snow, I used an Electric Leaf Blower, but I`ve rigged it with a reducer at the end for maximum air velocity. This works great in and around the wiper cowl.

3wide
12-07-2007, 08:21 PM
I moved to a sunny climate. :chuckle:

ok but your helping me move!

:LOLOL :LOLOL

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
12-07-2007, 08:42 PM
what do you guys use to brush the snow of off your black cars

Brushing snow off the paint?? Never done it, sounds scary!!

I`ve brushed snow from my windshield but never my paint.. On the occasions that I am in uncovered parking long enough for a substantial amount of snow to collect on my vehicle I have used my arm to push of the majority of the snow but never down to the paint.

Egleone6
12-08-2007, 11:28 PM
snow broom:

Amazon.com: sno broom (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=blended&field-keywords=sno%20broom&results-process=default&dispatch=search/ref=pd_sl_aw_tops-1_blended_29113865_1&results-process=default)

Could you not use a Cali Water Blade? I really don`t worry about the snow, it will come off, plus, now that I have a clean garage, I will have that cut down significantly.

imported_rydawg
12-09-2007, 12:40 PM
I have been using snow brooms for the past 15 years. As long as you keep it an inch from the paint you will not have any issues with scraping. Some times in the winter, you really do not have many choices. If it freezes into ice, then you will have even more issues with deep scrathes on your paint.

Use a Snow broom and take your time. Start your car and let it warm up first for 20 minutes, then take off the snow. It should fall off easy with a few wipes.