PDA

View Full Version : Help on making a minimalistic detail kit

B5254T3
12-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Hello one and all!

While not a newcomer to this site, I am to actually posting here so just wanted to say I`m happy to have stumbled here.

I`m hoping that somebody here would be able to help me with my current situation. I have myself a Silver Metallic colored vehicle, no shelter to park underneath and little to no supplies to maintain it. What I`m thinking of is to have as many products with multiple uses, so as to keep the total amount of clutter to a minimum as I live in a small apartment.

The vehicle itself is in good shape so far, but my intentions are to remove any defects and try to keep it in a clean state. I`ve learned things from this site that have kept my car looking far better than my workmates, but have done some things that I now know are not the best way. My current products are:

Armour All Tire Foam (minimum gloss)

California Duster

Meguiars Liquid Wax, Gold Class

Meguiars Scratch-X, unused

Meguiars Plast-X

Microfiber Towels, Wal-Mart brand

Mother`s Clay Bar plus Quick Detailer

Stoner Invisible Glass

Turtle Wax Leather Cleaner and Conditioner

Any products or detailing recommendations must be coin-op wash friendly as we aren`t allowed to wash in the building parking lot. All in all, my goal is to have my car looking as good as possible for as long as possible, keeping in mind that it`s a daily driver. I`d be willing to go with above average prices as long as the product itself can give me good results and yield.

MSIGuy
12-07-2007, 12:21 AM
If you`re not allowed to wash in the parking lot you might want to look into a no rinse car wash like Optimum No Rinse or Quick and Easy Wash.

holland_patrick
12-07-2007, 10:12 AM
OK if i couldn`t wash except for coin.. this is that i would do..

bucket for late night early moring washes

poorboys Spray and wipe for the drying after (spray and dry)

I like the was poorboys Polish with sealent looks on my silver parts.

any quick waxing products for a charge up PB QD+ opt spray wax, Z-8,any of the spray and walk away sealent`s

remember sealent under wax never wax under sealent.

pretty much that should take care of you till you find a freind where you can polish you car with a buffer ..

walnuts
12-07-2007, 11:43 AM
In addition to your current products I`d add Optimum No Rinse also - use it as a wash and as a quick detail spray. Get some good wash mitts, good mf drying towels, and an all purpose cleaner (Megs APC).

Stryder
12-07-2007, 12:23 PM
I would add an AIO product like DG 101 or JW Prime Strong. They will both clean, seal, and provide a killer look.