PDA

View Full Version : Need some recommendations on some towels/ polishes ASAP...

Skyhawk
12-06-2007, 08:59 PM
So im about to do my winter detail when i go home here in about a week on my car, and im in need of some new products for the detail. Currently, i use Merenza IP, followed by Z-PC, and then Z-AIO Z-5, and Z-2 and then top it off with Z-CS or Z-8. The paint looks awesome, but im looking for something with a little more cut than the IP. Id say the swirls are about 80% gone in most areas, but then there are areas where theyre only about 50% gone, and so im wanting something to get the swirls/defects almost totally gone if possible. Any suggestions on a product? I use a PC w/ SFX pads, and id love something that doesnt dust that much. I dont need something too abrasive though, the paints in pretty good condition and i dont want to take a chance at harming the paint...

Now for the towels...currently i use PakShak WW towels to dry and DF towels for removing the polish. The PakShak WW`s do a decent job of drying, but theres a lot left to be desired. Any suggestions for better drying towels? And as for the DF towels, theyre pretty dirty now, so they need to be replaced, and i found their quality to be inconsistent with the many different towels ive purchased from them...any suggestions or should i just stick with them?

If i could get some advice/suggestions ASAP id appreciate it, i need to place my order soon. Thanks!

BuffMe
12-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Menzerna Super Intensive with an orange pad is what I would try next. But, of course, I`m partial to their line of things.

wannafbody
12-07-2007, 04:40 PM
SIP, Presta UCCL or 3m 3000 RC

es350
12-07-2007, 10:58 PM
For your towels, I would go with Patrick and Excel Detail. Patrick has a nice selection of MF towels for drying and polishing.

Rob Tomlin
12-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Menzerna Super Intensive with an orange pad is what I would try next. But, of course, I`m partial to their line of things.

:werd:

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/100295-menzerna-sip-106ff-holy-grail.html