PDA

View Full Version : water based dressing?

nmxdaven
12-06-2007, 04:30 PM
I`ve been wanting to try one for a while for my tires and external trim, but have a few questions.

1. How is the application compared to oil based stuff? I hate all the over spray problems I get on my window and door panel trim and I really want something that goes on easily.

2. Whats the durability like? I don`t mind reapplying on every weekly wash, but my car sits outside 24/7 and deals with constant Texas sun so it needs to be a little tough.

3. Which one would work the best for me?

Thanks!

Cory

todd@bsaw
12-06-2007, 05:00 PM
If you are looking for a water based dressing, definitely check out Megs Hyper Dressing.

Durability is usually shorter than solvent based, but I have found HD to last through a couple washes. If you are reapplying every week, I do not foresee an issue, though I`m not familiar with Texas sun.

How are you getting `over spray` while applying dressing? I apply to a pad and wipe it on. Clean your glass last.

imported_DetailDan
12-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Do you want a matte dressing, or something with shine?

nmxdaven
12-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Do you want a matte dressing, or something with shine?

Matte preferably.

Over spray is the wrong word. The size and location make it very difficult to apply anything on "only" the trim. (In a reasonable amount of time anyway) I just wanted something easier to work with.

eddie926
12-06-2007, 05:40 PM
I`ve been very pleased with Megs High Endurance gel...

Gold Classâ„¢ Endurance® High Gloss G7516 Product Information (http://www.meguiars.com/?tire-care/Gold-Class-Endurance-High-Gloss)

This is high gloss. They make a low gloss version supposedly, but I`ve never seen it locally. With the high gloss if you give it a buff with a MF towel after it`s dry you can get a matte finish.

Pick up a pack of these to apply it....

Eagle One Tire Swipes (http://www.autobarn.net/oil5010602.html)

I tried several other methods of application and these tire swipes worked way better than anything else I tried.

Both the Megs and the tire swipes were available at my local Auto Zone.

imported_DetailDan
12-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Matte preferably.

Over spray is the wrong word. The size and location make it very difficult to apply anything on "only" the time. (In a reasonable amount of time anyway) I just wanted something easier to work with.

CG VRP. Spray it on applicator and apply.

Horseman2475
12-07-2007, 04:09 AM
Ultima. 3 coats. No sling and nice matte finish.