PDA

View Full Version : New Flex Backing Plate Pics Up!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

DJ_JonnyV
12-05-2007, 09:13 PM
I received an e-mail from Ben with Powerhouse Distributing today stating that he put some pics up of the new Flex BP on their site:

http://www.pwr-house.com/images/flex_new_style_pad_342637_002_8whr.jpg

http://www.pwr-house.com/images/flex_new_style_pad_342637_001.jpg

Also, here is a link to their site:

FLEX (http://www.pwr-house.com/FLEX.html)

Scroll to the bottom of the page and there they are! Doesn`t look like a whole heck of a lot of soft bp hangover the hard plastic piece, but looks a lot better than what we have right now.

I wanted to start a new thread to make sure everyone saw this.

Going to see when they`ll be shipping out.

frostydog
12-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Awesome Jonny!!

Def let us know what you hear about a ship date.

What do you think the white part is? Could it be a cushioning material??? Or sime kind of material to give the pad a little flexing ability...huh, a little flex for the flex.

It also looks like the white part may stick out further than the black rigid plastic backing. Man that would be nice if it`s a softer flexable material.

Does anyone have one of these yet??

DJ_JonnyV
12-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Yes, last time I spoke with Ben at Powerhouse a couple of weeks ago he said that the final version should have some soft bp on top of the hard black bp section. Looks like it sticks out about a half inch furhter than the hard black section and is definitely a cushiony material like other softer bps for PC and rotaries, so this is definitely a good thing. Just keep in mind that the whole thing is not flexible since it is still attached to the hard black plastic piece, but provides some cushion when working around door handles, sideview mirrors, where trunk meets bumper, etc.

Cooter
12-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Looks good Jonny!! Thanks for the update!! Much appreciated.

I used my Flex tonight. Thats one great machine!! Pricey, but

worth it!

Mobilejay
12-06-2007, 12:39 AM
That looks nice, I might just have to order that. Thanks a lot Jonny

I just saw the bag on there. I might have to get that also, anyone have the bag for it? Looks roomy enough to stick an extra bp and pads.

DJ_JonnyV
12-06-2007, 08:47 AM
I received an e-mail back from Ben and he said that they have about 50 in to start the replacement process for those that haven`t received this on their Flex when it initially came. He said to make sure you have your serial # off the Flex when calling in. Hopefully, mine will be shipping out soon!

walnuts
12-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the update. That BP looks nice, hopefully it will be durable also.

Do we have to call to get the replacement BP? When I ordered mine he said they were creating a list and would just send them out when they received them.

Mobilejay
12-06-2007, 10:30 AM
I received an e-mail back from Ben and he said that they have about 50 in to start the replacement process for those that haven`t received this on their Flex when it initially came.

So does that mean that the people who have a flex with the red bp and no other will get this? I already received my black pb to replace the red bp, so does that mean I wont get this? Probably, I doubt they would send two free bp`s. Damn! They didn`t say what they price was going to be did they?

DJ_JonnyV
12-06-2007, 11:27 AM
Honestly, I think the black bp was seen as temporary as well. I think anyone who received either the red, black, or both would get this one as the final bp solution. I think it`s worth the call to Powerhouse, or to whoever you purchased it from.

DJ_JonnyV
12-06-2007, 01:01 PM
I received another e-mail back from Ben at Powerhouse, and said that no matter where you purchased yours originally (AG, DetailedImage, etc.) that you can call them with your serial # to get the replacement. It is key to have the serial # for tracking purposes. Also mentioned that in the future, replacements will run approximately $14. BTW, mine shipped out today so should have it no later than Monday.

frostydog
12-06-2007, 01:49 PM
I received another e-mail back from Ben at Powerhouse, and said that no matter where you purchased yours originally (AG, DetailedImage, etc.) that you can call them with your serial # to get the replacement. It is key to have the serial # for tracking purposes. Also mentioned that in the future, replacements will run approximately $14. BTW, mine shipped out today so should have it no later than Monday.

Sweet!! I`m calling tomorrow...thanks Jonny for the info.

jpochile
12-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Well I guess I´l jump into the Flex wagon ... Does anyone have a discount code were to get it ?????

Cheers , Jean Paul

walnuts
12-06-2007, 02:29 PM
I called and spoke with Dave a little while ago and my BP is on the way...I bought from them so I was on the list.

That`s cool they are sending new BP`s out no matter where you purchased the polisher. Those guys at PH are very helpful and great to work with. I wish everyone was as helpful as they are (I`m not talking detail supply places, just any place in general).

cjbigcog
12-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Just got off the phone with Jim at Powerhouse. He said that Flex won`t replace the black BP with the new one for free. I`m sure it could be a warranty issue if the velcro came loose like on the red BP. He also said that they have not had any problems with the black BP`s so far.

cjbigcog
12-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Update......

Thought I`d order one of the new BP`s, so called Powerhouse and spoke with Ben this time. His position is that they will replace the black BP`s at no cost. Mine is on the way. Sounds like Ben is the guy to speak to at Powerhouse.