PDA

View Full Version : Does ONR encapsulate dirt - agitationless washing

pingable
12-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Do you suppose if I spray down the car with ONR with a spray bottle while at the coin op, and then spray it down.....it may be strong enough for me to take my WW to it....

Or am I just better off just using the coin-op to spray it down, and then ONR it at home...with a bucket and mitt.

Luckily for me, local gas station added a coin op sprayer and it`s only 2.5 blocks away from home !

imported_Blake
12-05-2007, 11:02 AM
My deal is that I am never satisfied with a prespray and then using the wand. I find that when I give it a spray at the local wash and finish it off with a bucket of ONR mix at home I am very pleased.

Thr wand job usually makes the ONR wash much quicker.

brwill2005
12-05-2007, 11:05 AM
My normal procedure is rinse with pressure washer, followed by ONR. On a very clean car, you could do it the way you mentioned, buy you may risk some scratching.

a.k.a. Patrick
12-05-2007, 11:12 AM
My deal is that I am never satisfied with a prespray and then using the wand. I find that when I give it a spray at the local wash and finish it off with a bucket of ONR mix at home I am very pleased.

Thr wand job usually makes the ONR wash much quicker.

(and safer!)

Agreed.....

BillyL207
12-05-2007, 01:27 PM
ONR does not create scratches. You have a chance of marring or scratching if the vehicle is filthy. Thats when you can pressure wash first but other than that its` an excellent product to work with I use it in my detail business and personal use.

Grimm
12-05-2007, 03:26 PM
ONR does not create scratches. You have a chance of marring or scratching if the vehicle is filthy. Thats when you can pressure wash first but other than that its` an excellent product to work with I use it in my detail business and personal use.

I think you misunderstood. He is talking about presoaking the car with ONR, then spraying it with the coin op power washer, and then drying it.

I think I would try it, but seeing as how where I live the car will be dirty again on the drive home I don`t think I would both with the drying step.

imported_Blake
12-05-2007, 05:12 PM
I don`t think anyone misunderstood. The concensus seems to be that prespraying it with ONR then using a touchless is not as good as doing the touchless and then a proper ONR wash.

I find a touchless will not clean perfectly leaving a film but the safe way with winter crap is to pressure (wand) wash it off first and then follow with the ONR wash. To me prespraying with ONR and then doing a touchless would gain little except to waste ONR.